Views
Helpful
Replies

Replacement of Serial GW 3340???

teslarpower78
Level 1
Level 1

Guys,

I need some help finding a replacement of serical GW 3340...

Have a customer that uses a Polycom MGC+MCU to connect serial based VTC equipments as such below

Endpoints ---> Codec 6000 (Cisco) ---> SIV-7M ---> CSU/DSU
                                                                                                    |
                                                                                                    |            
                                                                                          T-1 TDM MUX
                                                                                                    |
                                                                                                    |
                                Polycom MGC+ MCU <--- KIV-7M <--- CSU/DSU

(need to replace)

Planned to upgrade Polycom MCUs with CMS but customer needs to maintain those serial-based VTC equipment...

It seems like the serial gw3340 could have been perfect but it reached the EOS...

Any recommendations??

Thanks

2 Replies 2

PJMack
Level 7
Level 7

the 6000 MXP has been EOS for nearly a year too - they should replace it and then you could indeed go to CMS. For now? Perhaps see if you can find a used 3340, I don't think Cisco or anyone else is likely to support that use case with new equipment anymore. the 3340 is still supported until May of 2022, so you might be able to find a used one and put it on support. 

Good luck!

I know it has reached the EOS but it is not an optional at this time to decommision 6000 MXP... Must find the an equipment to bring the EIA-530 connection from KIV-7 to CMS2000...