Views
Helpful
Replies

Reusing a existing C20 (currently registered to VCS) with CUCM 8.6.2

mayank.sharma
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Friends..

I have existing C20 that is registed to VCS Control running Software version:TC6.0.0.876266.

Now I thought of trying to register this Endpoint to my CUCM 8.6.2. I know that there is a different firmware (COP file Release TC5.1.3-CUCM) that needs to be loaded on this endpoint before it can register.

I looked for Cisco docos but they all assume that the Endepoint is already running a CUCM friendly (COP File) on the endpoint. None cover as far as I could find the steps on how to get the COP file on the endpoint.

Unless it can can be loaded via the CUCM by registering it to the CUCM? But my question will it even register to CUCM if it is not running the

CUCM friendly (COP File) on the endpoint.

Any thoughts on this will be appreciated.

Regards,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Paulo Souza
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

You are misunderstanding the concept. C20 and another TC endpoints don't have special firmware to run them on CUCM. The COP file that you install on CUCM is just a package the contain the common upgrade file for the endpoint, the same file that you can download and install manually in your endpoint.

So you can go ahead and register them to CUCM 8.6.2 running this same version you have, TC 6.0.0.

This doc contain all the instruction you need:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/endpoint/codec-c-series/tc5/administration_guide/cts_endpoint_administration_ucm86_quick_start_guide_tc50.pdf

Regards

Paulo Souza

Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

Paulo Souza Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Paulo Souza
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

You are misunderstanding the concept. C20 and another TC endpoints don't have special firmware to run them on CUCM. The COP file that you install on CUCM is just a package the contain the common upgrade file for the endpoint, the same file that you can download and install manually in your endpoint.

So you can go ahead and register them to CUCM 8.6.2 running this same version you have, TC 6.0.0.

This doc contain all the instruction you need:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/endpoint/codec-c-series/tc5/administration_guide/cts_endpoint_administration_ucm86_quick_start_guide_tc50.pdf

Regards

Paulo Souza

Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

Paulo Souza Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

Hi Paulo,

Thanks for the response.

I kind of thought that might be the case. Let me give it a go.

Thanks for the clarification.

I will keep ypu posted.

Regards..

Hi Paulo,

Yup.It was all good got the C20 to register to the CUCM no issues.

Test calls to other CUCM registered Video endpoints worked fine too.

Regards,

Mayank

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: