cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Room Kit On Prem Joining Webex Cloud Meeting

Faisal.Saoud
Level 3
Level 3

We have some room kits and boards that are registered CUCM and also have CMS. What is required to enable these device join a Webex cloud meeting?

7 Replies 7

jalero@cisco.com
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Faisal,

Endpoints registered to CUCM can call to WebEx cloud meeting via Expressway. The call flow would likely be: Endpoint > CUCM > Expressway-C > Expressway-E > WebEx cloud.

If you've integrated your CUCM and on-prem endpoints to WebEx cloud (Control Hub) via Device connector then the call flow is different because the signalling will not go via the Expressway/CUCM but direct to WebEx cloud.

Cisco Meeting Server (CMS) can also call to WebEx cloud meetings in the same flow as the endpoint or it can call via Expressway-C as the below flow:

CMS (cospace) > Expressway-C > Expressway-E > WebEx cloud.

There's not a single answer to these questions it's a matter of determining the desired call flow and how the Endpoints will be registered and interact with WebEx cloud.

Kind regards,

jalero@cisco.com 

If I go with the second option by the connector, Can you elaborate on the exact steps that should be done and if license is required

This is the guide you'll need for that second option (using device connector):

https://help.webex.com/en-us/article/cy2l2z/Webex-Edge-for-Devices#id_127411

All the requirements are in the prerequisites on the same link above.

@jalero@cisco.com

could you recommend some guides or config steps for 8865 Endpoints registered to CUCM so that they can (video) call to WebEx cloud meetings via Expressway. The call flow would likely be: Endpoint > CUCM > Expressway-C > Expressway-E > WebEx cloud.

I've just found some hints about CMR and SIP routing, but no descríption examples or architectures for this specific implementation.

Hi Carlo,

hybrid calling will probably not match the scenario, as I would CUCM 14 on prem registered 8865  to join Webex initiated meetings.  Hybrid call seems more to prepare for the other direction, such as Webex devices could use CUCM PSNT Trunks.

Hi Jacky,

Not really.

That's a bidirectional deployment. From an internal extension you can join a Webex using  meeting SIP URI  and not only Webex but also other services such as Chime, Zoom etc. The main point is to configure Search rules and Zones on Expressway cluster accordingly.

Also you'll need to configure SIP Router patterns on CUCM pointing to Exspressway through a SIP Trunk.

Please let me know

Regards

Carlo

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"