Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Running an EX60 without the touchpad

Hello all.  I am wondering if there is a way to run the EX60 without the touchpad and the "Lost Connection with Control Device" error.  We are installing these in secure facilities in FocalPoint hardened cases and have no use for the touch panel.  The units are managed completely remotely and only accept incoming calls.

4 Replies 4

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I haven't tried with an EX60 (as I don't have any), but we've often run the EX90s without a touch panel connected and not had any issues.  We've done this with software versions TC6.x and TC7.x.

The only problem we've seen with not having a touch panel connected is that there is no way for the user to adjust the volume if required during a call (although with newer software you control it with a remote).

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Lawrence James
Level 1
Level 1

The EX90 has the ability to turn on the IR port and you can use a TC4 or above remote. I havent seen the same setting on the EX60. This was in the Experimental settings in earlier software then moved out of that area but in newer software it is documented as not supported.

I assume if you are not going to use the touch pad and in that enviorment an IR remote wouldn't be reccomended either. The only other way to manage this would be over IP or serial through the console port.

I know this is an old thread but I had a collegue give me the solution, here it is:

• Web browse into the unit

• Go to Configuration; System Configuration

• In the Search box at the top left, type “menutype”

• The “Experimental” page should come up and you should see that “SystemUnit MenuType” is set to “Indicators”.

• Change that to “Interactive”, save.

• Reboot the unit.

I am not terribly worried about control, we manage it remotely.  Is there a way to clear the error message on the screen?