Views
Helpful
Replies

Search directory problem in CMS 3.3

by_hamid
Level 1
Level 1

Hello to everyone

We recently launched CMS 3.3. When scheduling a session, there is no problem to add users, but it does not work in a session using the "Add participant" option. I mean cant search users names, Upgrading the server to version 3.4 didn't solve the problem.

Regards.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

b.winter
VIP
VIP

Hi,

I got it now:

You have to add a "directorySearchLocation" via API.

If you already have set up the LDAP sync, then you can re-use the already configured LDAP-server object, or add a new one.

When you configure the directorySeachLocation, you should be able to search the users from the LDAP.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

b.winter
VIP
VIP

AFAIK you have to enter the SIP address, that you want to dial. And not search the user.

So, if you want to call User-test1 (with SIP address user1@example.com), you have to type the SIP address and not the username.

It's also stated there, when you click the "add participant:

Unbenannt.JPG

b.winter
VIP
VIP

And it's not a directory search, like you have in Jabber, when you search a person.

It is just a dial-out function from CMS. So you put in the SIP address and then CMS dials this address for you (assuming the outbound rules are configured correctly).

so you mean adding participant it not possible during meeting in the case of deployments without existence of CUCM?

b.winter
VIP
VIP

Hi,

I got it now:

You have to add a "directorySearchLocation" via API.

If you already have set up the LDAP sync, then you can re-use the already configured LDAP-server object, or add a new one.

When you configure the directorySeachLocation, you should be able to search the users from the LDAP.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: