cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SIP Trunk VCS to CallManager and Calling Party Name/Number Display

Jason Aarons
Level 6
Level 6

Running CallManager 9.1 with VCS 8.1, this call came in from the Internet via VCS Expressway and shows our Sub ip address.

Is there a standard on how a SIP Video endpoint should show Calling Party Name and Calling Calling Party Number when using URI dialing in SIP to SIP?

Can I show a Friendly name like Jason Aarons vs Jason.aarons@coke.com on the screen when call comes into VCS Endpoint from my Jabber?

It basically shows the user part of the calling URI party but replaces the domain part with the ‘CUCM-SUBS IP-address’:

I was calling in from jcgutierrez.t150@avasystems.com and yet it shows my subscriber ip address.

desktop1.png

4 Replies 4

Paul Woelfel
Level 4
Level 4

You have to enable use fqdn in on the Sip profile on the trunk, as well as on the phone.

To configure the sip domain on CUCM have a look at the Enterprise params, described on page 19:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/vcs/config_guide/X8-1/Cisco-VCS-SIP-Trunk-to-Unified-CM-Deployment-Guide-CUCM-8-9-and-X8-1.pdf

Also you'll find the sip profile config in this guide.

Regards, Paul

Does this only work with SIP phones?  Or is there a way to get this to work with SCCP phones?

I should clarify my question above - the guide states that you need to enable FQDN on the SIP profile for both the trunk and the phone, but as SCCP phones don't have a SIP profile I'm not sure if it's possible vfor them to dial out using a domain name.  I've got my trunk and FQDN configured correctly, but my SCCP phones are still dialling out as 1234@ip-address.

Bingo! Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: