Views
Helpful
Replies

Skype for Business (Lync 2013) - Cisco VCS

Andrew
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

I've successfully implemented interop between Skype for Business (Lync 2013) and our Cisco video conferencing environment. I'm having one issue sorrounding presentation from a Skype endpoint to a Cisco endpoint. Every time I try to initiate a presentation from Skype, I get a response code of SIP/2.0 503 Transcoder resources unavailable on the Skype side. It doesn't matter whether I utilise an MCU to bridge the call, or I go point to point. Presentations from a Cisco endpoint to Skype work a treat.

Is this a known limitation of this interop? I can't seem to find anything to indicate it is.

My environment information:
Endpoint tested: MX300 & SX20 (7.3.3)
VCS-C: X8.6.1 (encryption, internetworking, findme, device provisioning and Microsoft interoperability option keys)
In the B2BUA, RDP transcoding is enabled.
TMS: 15.0.1
MCU (5310) (when used): 4.5(1.72) - conferences are set to "Hybrid" for the content mode, with auto codec and no minimum outgoing bit rate.

Anything else I should take a look at? Sorry if I've missed any key info.

-Andrew

1 Reply 1

Andrew
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

I've managed to sort this out. I had to add the VCS as a transcoder in Applications > B2BUA > MS Lync > Transcoders then set "Enable external transcoders for this B2BUA" to "Yes" in ... MS Lync > Configuration.

I was not required to enable transcoder policy rules.

This is strange, I thought with the 8.x releases of VCS-C software they supported this by default (with the MS interop option key). I was under the impression the transcoder settings were for the Cisco AM Gateway.

-Andrew

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: