Views
Helpful
Replies

Smart Scheduler time zone administration

david.sharp
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Cisco

We have a client where we have just upgraded their TMS and their TMSPE in the UK and found that we have a user in the US that uses Smart scheduler which now auto detects his local time zone being UTC-5, the user would prefer for the time zone on the Smart scheduler to reflect their preferred selection on TMS under their profile as being UTC+1 (BST).

I cannot see any method of administratively managing this outside of adjusting the computers time zone.

Am I missing something, or will this option be available in the future?

Cheers

Dave

Think with Portals
2 Replies 2

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Look at the time zone settings for my TMSPE account, it appears it only gives you time zones that are relevant to what TMSPE auto detects, looks like you can't change it to anything other than a location within your time zone.  Other than what you mentioned, about changing the time zone on the person's computer (if that will work), I don't see any other way.

You could contact your Cisco Account Manager and see if a feature request is already open for this, if not, they should be able to create one for you to maybe have it editable in the future.

Hi Patrick

Thanks for your response, for the benefit of any one else who may read this threat, in the hope that this information maybe helpful.

I tested the changing of my computers timezone and smart scheduler updated to what I changed my computer to, I had to refresh smart scheduler, or re-open it, but that works, this however I think is not the best work round given that the person will need the permissions to change the local timezone on that persons machine.

I'll reach out to our account manager.

Cheers

Dave

Think with Portals