Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Snapshot in TMS partially grayed out

The snapshots in TMS for our CTS-3210 recently started showing up partially grayed out (see the picture).  This was working previously and the CTS-3210 seems to be the only device affected. It is not affecting the calls and is more of a cosmetic inconvenience than anything.  The snap shots are refreshing properly as I was able to see the user standing in the sliver that we are able to view.  TMS is on 13.2.2 and the CTS is on CTS 1.9.1(68). Has anyone else run into this issue and if so is there an easy fix?

TMS Snapshots.PNG

7 Replies 7

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Did not find it in the bug toolkit.

But maybe you can give it a try as well:

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/action.do?hdnAction=searchBugs

I would try to see if an upgrade helps and if it bothers you think of escalate

this thread to a service request.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Kjetil Ree
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

This is not a known issue.

The snapshot you are showing isn't coming directly from the CTS, it is coming from the TelePresence Server. TMS just gets a .jpeg from the TS and displays it verbatim in the CCC.

When you see the problem, can you have a look in Wireshark and see the URL we get the jpg from? Then open the URL in a web browser. If the jpg is fine in the web browser and not in the CCC, we have a TMS problem. If the jpg is bad also in the web browser, we have a TS problem.

Regards,

Kjetil

Now that I think about it, Wiresharking is a bit over the top. You can simply log in to the TelePresence Server's web interface, locate the conference, select the CTS, and see the .jpg. TMS should just get the same image file as is displayed there.

-Kjetil

Hi Kjetil,

I agree Wireshark is a bit excessive for something that is purely cosmetic and that doesn't affect the user experience.  I will check TPS next time this issue occurs and let you know the results.

Thanks for your help,

Scott

Sorry it took a while to capture this issue but we are seeing the same thing in TPS. Please see the screen shot below.

Interestingly, just as with TMS, the issue clears up after 5-10 minutes. The users do not see this issue.  It only appears in TMS and TPS.  

Ok, so it is a TelePresence Server issue then. Not sure how to troubleshoot further —  this is a bit outside of my area of expertise.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: