cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

sound keeps dropping from Cisco Room Kit Plus + Quad Camear

lzhu
Level 1
Level 1

We have set up a Cisco Room Kit Plus with Quad Camera. The system is connected to a ceiling projector. We want to use the internal speaker on the Quad Camera only. We have disabled HDMI 1 Audio Output so sound is not sent to the projector speaker via HDMI.

We have run into some issues with sound dropping randomly. it seems to last 20-30 minutes without issues and people can hear the far end properly, and then suddenly lose sounds completely for 10-15 seconds and then sound kicks back in on its own. It behaves really strange and I am wondering if anyone here has experienced a similar issue.

2 Replies 2

thaer.badawi
Level 1
Level 1

same problem here , I tried to change the computer , used another use another wifi , use network cable but still the same problem .during the video call lose sound for 5-10 sec and back again . 

but if i conected to 4g from my phone works fine . no problem . strange . 

the one thing i suspect that, when the computer when is connectd to 4g (metered ) connection the pc or teams drop the video and audio quality . for best audio and vedio experience

we usin the USB and the HDMI cable 

Thanks 

Just to let you know that the issue that we had was caused by the HDMI connection between the quad camera and codec. The quad camera was connected to the codec through an HDMI wall plate ( quad camera > HDMI Wall Plate > Codec). Most likely there was an problem with the HDMI wall plate. We tried to bypass the wall plate and run a single HDMI cable directly from the quad cam to the codec, which resolved the audio dropping issue.