Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Speaker track C60 is zooms in & out very frequently

Hi,

We have SX-80 with speaker track with 8 Ceiling Mics connected. Speaker track used to zoom in to speaker and goes back to defult location within 1-2 seconds. it is not stopping on speaker. it's keep on zooming in and out. we have replaced array, camera and codec as well but issue persist.

Please suggest what is causing this.

7 Replies 7

PJMack
Level 7
Level 7

How far is the speaker from the cameras? I'm guessing too far and/or poor acoustics in the room - what type of room is this?

Also what version of software are you running on the SX80?

Hi,

Today we moved codec into the room and directly connected to coded and speaker track worked fine so suspecting issue with the length of Control cable which is around 30 meter as AV rack is 30 meter far away from Board Room.

Kindly suggest how to resolve this issue.

Hi,

Shall i place one network switch between Speaker track and codec? will it help?

No - a cat 5/6 cable is good for 100 meters if there is nothing wrong with it. That's just Ethernet there, nothing special. What about HDMI - are you using HDMI extenders in your original setup? I have seen that cause a problem with Speaker Track, with some extenders the codec doesn't recognize that the camera is there, if you are the command line you can check the status of the cameras and see if it recognizes there are two cameras connected. if it does not it won't work. 

Hi,

Yes. We are using HDMI extender and speaker track is recognizing the camera. Issue is it's not working as expected. It's keep on moving around. It doesn't stay at one location for 2-3 seconds.

Do let me know what can be done or if any further information required.

Regards,
Prashant Kumar Chaudhary
India Virtual Collaboration Team

Video Interoperability(VI) has gone live
You can schedule VC sessions using skype Meetings. Add desired VC rooms to the skype meeting
Dial 123 from VC room/s and join the conference using Skype Conference id followed by #.
Non- Accenture video conferencing device: 123@vc.accenture.com<123>
Pre-requisite: Meeting Scheduler should be enabled with Skype for Business Video.
Kindly write us for support:- India.VCTeam@accenture.com

Delivery Center - Infrastructure Support Unit
Infrastructure Services for Accenture
Technology Delivery and Geographies
Accenture
Mobile: +91 9873078633 Email & Skype: p.kumar.chaudhary@accenture.com
OneDrive For Business [cid:image002.jpg@01D353F1.6DF43120] https://myoffice.accenture.com<>
1 TB Storage Space | Access Anywhere | Be Secure | Prevent Data Loss | Share Files
ADOPT ONEDRIVE TODAY!
This message is for the designated recipient only and may contain privileged, proprietary, or otherwise private information. If you have received it in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the original. Any other use of the email by you is prohibited.

This message is for the designated recipient only and may contain privileged, proprietary, or otherwise confidential information. If you have received it in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the original. Any other use of the e-mail by you is prohibited. Where allowed by local law, electronic communications with Accenture and its affiliates, including e-mail and instant messaging (including content), may be scanned by our systems for the purposes of information security and assessment of internal compliance with Accenture policy. Your privacy is important to us. Accenture uses your personal data only in compliance with data protection laws. For further information on how Accenture processes your personal data, please see our privacy statement at https://www.accenture.com/us-en/privacy-policy.
______________________________________________________________________________________

www.accenture.com

There is a setting available where you can adjust the Tracking mode from "Auto" (the default) to "Conservative" which makes the camera react slower to changes and switch between speakers later.

This can be found in the web interface under Cameras > SpeakerTrack > TrackingMode

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

When you brought the codec into the room and everything worked fine, you were not using the HDMI extenders, correct? I suspect they are your problem, not the control/network cable. I've seen HDMI extenders cause this problem - I think that's likely your issue.