Views
Helpful
Replies

Strange Schedule Issue with TMS - MX series and Touch 10 Panels

apatel1221
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We are new to Cisco TelePresence and just installed a number of MX 700 and 800 units. As well as all the CUCM/TMC/VCS infrastructure.

Everything call wise is great. We have a weird issue with meetings that disappear from the touch panels in the rooms.

We schedule the meeting from our mail client (calendar) and it appears in tms. Then a few seconds laterthe meeting appears on the tablet.

Somewhere along the way the meetings just disappear from the Touch 10.

We are using TMS 15.3 and 8.2 on the MX 700/800.

has anyone else run into this issue?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

We finally figured out what was going on...

we we have redundant tms servers - 1 each in 2 data centers.

they weren't really redundant however as the databases we both stand alone and our end points were setup in both.

we would book with 1 tms and the other would overwrite.

so we set up the sql db on a sql server as opposed to the local sqlexpress.

problem solved.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I've never seen that happen, and couldn't find any bug related to it.

Whenever a meeting disappears from the Touch 10, try to see if the endpoint still contains the information for it by logging into the endpoint using SSH to show details about the scheduled bookings for the endpoint:

xCommand Bookings List

You can also use the API to try and get conference booking information from TMS, the Id is the conference Id number within TMS.

xCommand Bookings Get Id

MX700/800 CE8.2 API Guide

Thanks Patrick.

When I run the xcommand Bookings list the day after I have scheduled the meeting there it nothing on the device.

The meeting still shows up in TMS however. And if I create another booking and then run the xcommand bookings list, all the other meeting appear again.

Also, this only appears to be happening on MX700 and MX800 units we have. I schedueled meeting on an SX80 and they did not disappear.

We finally figured out what was going on...

we we have redundant tms servers - 1 each in 2 data centers.

they weren't really redundant however as the databases we both stand alone and our end points were setup in both.

we would book with 1 tms and the other would overwrite.

so we set up the sql db on a sql server as opposed to the local sqlexpress.

problem solved.

Thanks for the update and letting us know the cause of your issue!

Yeah, in your case, you should run your TMS in a redundant deployment, both TMS servers using a single SQL database hosted somewhere both servers can access.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: