cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SX 20 & MX300 auto answer switching back to off state automatically. Need urgent help!

AbhiGeek
Level 1
Level 1

We are running SX20 on version TC7.3.6.ea51021 and MX 300 on version ce 8.2.1 with CUCM running on version 11.5.1.14900-11 and unfortunately facing the issue with auto answer switching back to "off" state automatically. Can anyone help?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

PJMack
Level 7
Level 7

TMS configuration templates don't work if the endpoint is registered to CUCM, your solution is in CUCM. Look at the directory number configuration, if you look at the directory number settings section, you'll see the last line is "auto answer", I'd bet yours are set to off, which is default. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Have you checked that you have the latest device packs for the telepresence endpoints installed on your CUCM?  And did you make sure you restarted after installing them?

Is CUCM the only thing that is managing your devices?   Or do you have a TMS that is perhaps sending a template to the devices that sets the auto-answer to off?

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

PJMack
Level 7
Level 7

TMS configuration templates don't work if the endpoint is registered to CUCM, your solution is in CUCM. Look at the directory number configuration, if you look at the directory number settings section, you'll see the last line is "auto answer", I'd bet yours are set to off, which is default. 

@PJMack: You were right! It was the setting from CUCM DN page for both the devices. I've now made changes on both the DNs' and have changed it to 'auto answer with speakerphone'. Let us monitor for a few days. Hope it works!

@Wayne DeNardi: There is no TMS in picture. It's pretty much CUCM and SX20 connection directly. And yes, the device packs are up to date. Well, now that I've implemented @PJMack 's solution, let's give it a few days.

Thanks a lot to both of you for responding!