Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SX-20 Inquiry

Hello!!

What is the minimum bandiwidth requirement for a point-to-point video call using 2 SX-20 units.

Regards,

8 Replies 8

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

128 kbps is the minimum required bandwith for a video call. If you need a second video channel for presentation its recommended to use 256 kbps even though you can, in theory send H239 with only 4 kbps, however quality might not impress you.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

I want to deploy a TelePresence solution for three sites as shown in the figure below. Each SX-20 is licensed for multipoint communications. My questions are given below the diagram.

(1). Where do I find information on how to configure the SX-20 systems

(2). What is the screen layout for each site when conducting multisite conferences?

(3). When using the dual-display option, can we have each screen dedicated to a specific site? OR one of the screens       can only be used for content sharing?

(4). Can we integrate the systems with WebEx? If yes, what addtional components do we need.

Hi Kelvin,

According to me please find answer:

1. http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/endpoint/quick-set-sx20/tc5/administrator_guide/sx20_quickset_administrator_guide_tc51.pdf

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/endpoint/quick-set-sx20/tc5/getting_started_guide/video_systems_getting_started_guide_tc51.pdf

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/ps11424/tsd_products_support_series_home.html

2. Screen Layout would be same as C20

3. When you are using dual display option, if presentation is not shared and there are three participant on call, then you will see far end on two display.

If  presentation is shared and there are three participant, then one screen will show Active Speaker and on other screen will show presentation.

4. That i am not sure, might be some one else can answer for this query.

Regards,

Vivek

Thanks! but, I still don't understand about the screen layout

3. I'm sorry I have never used C20 so I don't know what you mean when you say the layout is similar to that of C20. My     question is do we have the 'active speaker shows on all screens' scenario OR we have 'one screen divided into         little boxes each showing participants on one site' ?

Hi Kelvin,

Here is the explaintation:

1. First scenario:

two participant (you and other site) with presentation shared

In this situation first screen will show far end and on second screen you will see presentation

2 Second Scenario

three participant without presentation

first screen will show far end and other screen will show second far end

3. Third Scenario:

three participant and with presentation

on first screen, participant who is speeking will be visible and on other screen you will get presentation.

Regards,

Vivek

Thanks for the information its so enlightening.

In the scenario you have just explained, we are using the dual-display option. How about when we are using just one screen?

May you please explain the same way.

Cheers!!!!

Hi Kelvin,

Thanks for feedback.

Here are scenario when dual display option is not installed.

1. First Scenario: When there is no presentation shared:

So when there is no presentation shared, then whome so ever will be speaking in conference will be visible, except Selfview

2 Second Scenario: When presentation is shared:

In this case only presentation will be visible.

Regards,

Vivek

Dear Vivek , can you provide any document link which can further explain the layout as you mentioned I the dual screen multipoint call

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: