cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SX endpoints registering to CUCM?

Ed Kender
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to locate a documet that says what configuration is pushed from CUCM and what is configured locally on the endpoint.  We are currently running CUCM 10.0 with SX endpoints TC7.3.4.  I have found some things in particular QOS is being pushed from system parameters in CUCM.  I'm having a hard time from where the default SIP call rate 6000 is being pushed from.  That is why a document would be helpful for what is being pushed VS stored locally.

4 Replies 4

Paulo Souza
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Most of the parameters pushed from CUCM to the endpoint are listed under the "Product Specific Configuration Layout" session of the Device configuration page of CUCM.

I am not  sure about the default SIP call rate  parameter, but I guess it is not a setting provided by CUCM. However, there is a simple method to find which settings are published by CUCM. Change the settings on the endpoint, then go to CUCM page and click the button to apply settings for the device, then you check if the configuration has been restored or not.

Paulo Souza

Paulo Souza Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

There are more parameters than just the "Product Specific Configuration Layout".  Qos for instance is pushed from system parameters.  Yes for the default call rate that is what is happening that it keeps defaulting back to 6000 which means it is being pushed from CUCM.

Yeah. As I said, that session has most of the parameters, but not all of them. I am trying to find some reference in the documentation. I will let you know if I find something useful.

Paulo Souza

Paulo Souza Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

See the Administering TC Endpoints on CUCM 10.5.1 (TC7.2), on pg 43 and later on pg 45.  It says that the call rate will not be set by CUCM, and must be set manually (see below).

The call rate will not be set by CUCM. Set the call rate to match the network capabilities to achieve the desired call quality.

Take a look at Matt's reply heretelepresence-endpoints-call-rate-explanation-needed.  It appears this done for a reason and is by design.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: