cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SX10 / 20 Basic use question

bilbonvidia
Level 1
Level 1

We are a small office an thinking of getting one of the above for our board room.

After installation how do you actually use it to make a call, eg do I need to be registered with some service with a username and password? How would someone make a call to me, what details would I give to them?

Sorry for the basic question!!

3 Replies 3

bilbonvidia
Level 1
Level 1

PS also I am assuming that I just connect them to my router via Ethernet?

Hi,

Are you having any call control like CUCM or VCS.

If not then you have to configure them using standalone mode.

Please refer below link for standalone mode

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/11606926/sx20-standalone

Basically you will need one Public IP nated to the private ip of SX device for calling outside with h.323 mode.

Please note SX 10 support only SIP

Regards,

Raaj

In addition to what Raaj mentions, note that deploying a SIP only endpoint in a standalone mode might cause issues with some environments where calls might not connect.  This is the case if you plan on using WebEx Meeting Center with CMR Cloud, this is because SIP only endpoints like the SX10 are designed to be used with infrastructure such as a CUCM or VCS for call control and not be deployed standalone.

There are several discussions regarding standalone deployments for both the SX10 and SX20, I suggest you search though the forums and take a look at what some others have done in regards to their deployment when it comes to making it work or issues seen.