Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SX10 H.323 call support

Hi Team,

I have came to know about Cisco SX10 know work with H.323 protocol also if the latest firm vare version which is 8.XX is supportable.

Kindly please confirm if any knows about it.

Thanku

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Cisco TelePresence SX10 Quick Set has support for H323 from CE8.2.0. Before this software version the SX10 was SIP only.

/Magnus

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Cisco TelePresence SX10 Quick Set has support for H323 from CE8.2.0. Before this software version the SX10 was SIP only.

/Magnus

Hi Magnus,

Thanks for the reply.

Does SX10 work as smooth calls with H.323 calls or at the back end on firewall we have to make any changes.

As a standalone easily configuration with IP, SM and GW it start work.

Once again thanks for reply

I'm not sure I understand your question, but if you are asking if the SX10 quality is the same with H.323 vs SIP, it will be identical, the protocol doesn't affect the quality, the only thing that would affect the quality is the bandwidth and/or if there are network problems.

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for your reply...

I mean to say the SX10 system will work has a standalone H.323 calls.

And I was going through the firmware the CE8.2.0. series is applicable for DX series also if the same firmware is used for DX series does the DX series will also work on H.323 or it's just a SIP protocol support.

Once again thanks for the reply..

With CE8.2, both the SX10 and DX70/80 support H323, and can be configured as standalone endpoints. To see how to set them up as standalone endpoints, you can search the forums as there are several threads regarding this topic, for example take a look at sx20-standalone. Also, for an overview of the current features that are available for the DX70/80 when running CE8.2, refer to the CE8 Release Notes

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: