Views
Helpful
Replies

SX80 with SpeakerTrack60

christiangrant1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.

I'm having trouble getting the SpeakerTrack60 to follow a speaker whilst in a VC call. It is part of a SX80 system, there are also 2 ceiling Mics connected to the SX80. 

Whether in a call or not, the speakerTrack doesn't track. I have looked iknto the config of the codec and made sure everything is turned on.

My thought is the 2 additional mics might be confuseing it in some way. Would this be right?

Thanks for your time

Christian 

4 Replies 4

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

SpeakerTrack uses it's own microphone array that is located behind the cameras for tracking purposes.  Any microphones that are used to transmit video conference audio to the far end isn't connected to the SpeakerTrack system in any way, and won't affect the tracking.

Are all the cables connect correctly per the SpeakerTrack 60 Installation Guide?

Is the SpeakerTrack detected by the SX80?  You can check using the web interface under Configuration > Peripherals?

Is tracking turned on?  On the Touch 10, under the camera options, it's called "Tracking" with an on/off option.  When turned on, there should be a message that says "Automatically focuses the camera on the current speaker".

If all seems to be correct and turned on, you can try to enable the SpeakerTrack diagnostics, either through the web interface (Configuration > API) or SSH, to help and see if it's detecting audio and the active speaker by facial recognition..

xCommand Cameras SpeakerTrack Diagnostics Start Tracking: On

vivekksi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Please check following documents and video which can help you with initial troubleshooting

https://supportforums.cisco.com/video/12537606/speaker-track-installation-sx80

As Patrick mentioned that ceiling Mic won't impact speaker track functionality.

Thanks,

Vivek

paul.spencer
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you Patrick and Viv - I'm grateful for your advice and will follow. One additional question - do the camera HDMI cables carry anything other than video signals? I'm assuming they don't and the only communication/control is via the Ethernet cable from the SX80.

Thanks again,

@paul.spencer wrote:

One additional question - do the camera HDMI cables carry anything other than video signals? I'm assuming they don't and the only communication/control is via the Ethernet cable from the SX80.

That is correct - the HDMI is just the video from each of the cameras.  All the control is done over the Ethernet connection.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.