cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SYSTEM USAGE NOT WORKING ON TMS 14.3.2

Chet Cronin
Level 4
Level 4

The TMS running 14.3.2 stopped displaying call data and can't find out why...  SQL and TMS are on the same server. 

No warnings or errors reported from server and all TMS services are running with no outward issues???

When I run a CDR report their is nothing returned???

Any Ideas Folks

Chet Cronin
12 Replies 12

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Are the endpoints able to contact your TMS server to supply their call detail records?

I've seen this happen with many deployments where outbound connectivity from TMS to the endpoint works (so TMS doesn't report any http errors for the endpoint), but the endpoint is blocked by a firewall or similar getting back to TMS to report the CDRs.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne,

Thank you for the input.  The systems are all inside the firewall. I was seeing report up until about a month ago. Something must have changed somewhere???

I am running HTTPS vice HTTP and all systems have HTTPS enabled on them.  Can't figure out for the life of me why.  I am not a server or SQL guy sadly. :(

Services are running without any outward errors noticed.

Now when I check server maintenance it looks like there is call data but can't display it???

Check out the screen shot I attached.

Chet Cronin

Are your endpoints receiving their Corporate Phonebooks from TMS - that's another sure sign (if they're not) that the inbound connectivity from the endpoint to TMS isn't working.

Are you able to use a curl command from an endpoint (requires root, so you may need to downgrade to a software release prior to TC7, or, with TC7+ request the remotesupport user password through the TAC) to see if the endpoint can in fact make an inbound http request to TMS?

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne,

Sorry for delay.... It appears TMS is pulling data from the endpoints because I see DB records increasing from Server maintenance section.  Problem is TMS isn't pulling report data from SQL or SQL isn't pushing report queries i.e. CDR for Endpoints and MCU's. 

Now with that said when I select the link for Conference Stats from the Portal page it does reflect numbers of conferences??  Strange ... Conference Stats working but call stats and occurrances and durations are not ??? 

Chet Cronin

It's the endpoints that send their call stats to the TMS server, so, if they are unable to communicate with it, then you won't be seeing any records.

Are you able to check to see if the endpoint can communicate with TMS (ie, with a curl command tot he feedback URL as I mentioned earlier)?

Are you able to check the endpoint's Feedback3 URL, and if it has a domain name listed instead of an IP address, can the endpoint resolve the domain name to an IP (ie, are the correct DNS Servers configured on the endpoint)?

Wayne
--

Wayne

Still plugging away trying to figure out why the data stopped working back in APR 16. You mention the curl command.  I have an MXP1700 on F9.3.3 and when I type root and password it puts me in the Tandberg folder and not the root???  Is there a way to get to root on the MXP F9.3.3 ???

Don't have a TC series EP to check on at the moment ...

I looked at the reference guide and don't see anything or can't find it for some reason.

VR

Chet

Chet Cronin

The MXPs are pretty dumb... It doesn't matter what you type as a username, they still put you in to the "admin" account

You'll need to use a TC Software endpoint.  

The curl command isn't in any of the doco as its a Linux command, hence why it needs to be run as the root user. 

Wayne.

Wayne

Another thing you could try is re-installing TMS - this will reset any of the permissions on the TMS/IIS server that may have changed.  This won't help if there's some other reason the endpoints can't contact TMS (firewall / web proxy / web filtering / etc) which you should be able to track down with the curl.

Wayne
--

Wayne

Hi the data does not have to be up to date. It shows the total amount of CDR records you have in the database. This can go back 180 days according to your screenshot. Even if you see them increasing does not eliminate the possibility of access issues. 

Anyway, Wayne and Darren has asked a few questions and given you some pointers, which s potent troubleshooting steps to get to the bottom of your problem.

It could be that a recent change on the IIS server has put on an authentication requirement n the "public" folder. This is the most common problem if this is something that worked before and just suddenly stopped working for all endpoints.

I guess the simplest test to verify (basically the same thing as Wayne is asking) if this is the issue is to access the following link from your browser.

http://<YOUR TMS ADDRESS>/tms/public/external/phonebook/phonebookservice.asmx

If this gives you a 401 unauthorized, then that is your problem.

I would check anything that can prevent packets going from the endpoints to the TMS, could be a DNS issue as well if you are using fqdn, or just that the endpoints are missing the feedback address.

xstat //HttpFeedback 3

*s HttpFeedback 3 Expression: "/Status/Call[Status='Connected']"
*s HttpFeedback 3 Expression: "/Status/H323/Gatekeeper"
*s HttpFeedback 3 Expression: "/Status/SIP/Registration"
*s HttpFeedback 3 Expression: "/Status/Network/Ethernet/Speed"
*s HttpFeedback 3 Expression: "/Event/CallSuccessful"
*s HttpFeedback 3 Expression: "/Event/Message/Prompt/Response"
*s HttpFeedback 3 Expression: "/Event/CallDisconnect"
*s HttpFeedback 3 URL: "http://<YOUR TMS ADDRESS>/tms/public/feedback/code.aspx"

http://<YOUR TMS ADDRESS>/tms/public/feedback/code.aspx <- this is the URL the system sends CDR records to. You can test this in your browser as well.

You can also do a packetcapture on the endpoint and TMS and make a call, hang up. Then look for the HTTP requests that goes toward this address and see if the TMS actually receives the packet.

Many things you can check.

/Magnus

Magnus,

The URL to phone book works but the feedback one failed.

See below

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>

<Failure />
Chet Cronin

Yes, so the TMS seems to be open for communication then. The failure message is normal when you access it from the browser. Have you checked the endpoint settings?

/Magnus

darmckin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Chet, are any of your endpoints sending feedback to TMS?  I assume when you go to the Logs under the system navigator for those endpoints, no call logs appear here either?