Views
Helpful
Replies

T3 TCU Wizard setup

nuinoahmed
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

Any T3 Telepresence Gurus that can help? :-)

I am in the process of migrating few T3 systems for our customer and while reconfiguring the TCU (4.0.3) using the setup wizard at step 8 (Called setup TCU), you can set the TCU ip address/mask/Default gateway/DNS/NTP. 

My question: 

Is it possible from the setup wizard to add 2 DNS servers ip addresses? and how to do so?

If not possible, is it possible to do it using WebStart/VNC/SSH (Remotely)?

I know it is possible to do it locally using keyboard/screen and change the network setting as any windows XP PC.

Also TCU 4.2.x offer the possibility within setup wizard to add a second DNS server but upgrade is not planned for now.

Thanks in advance

Ahmed

3 Replies 3

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Although it may not be possible when running the setup wizard, you should be able to do it via the web interface on the codec afterwards.  It's possible to have three DNS servers listed.

4.0.3 is a very old software version - the latest version is 6.2.1 (with 6.3 due out soon).  It would be recommended that you upgrade if possible as these updates also address some security vulnerabilities.

Wayne

--

Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Hello Wayne,

Thanks for you reply. But I was talking about the TCU DNS not the Codecs. The latest TCU software version is 4.2.x.

I also found what was my problem.

For WebStart GUI, I was trying to connect with Java 7. I tried from another PC with Java 6 and it works.

with WebStart GUI you have remote access same as if you are in front of the T3 system and you using the touch panel.  You can make calls, check directory,... You can also go to Admin mode by clicking on the top left corner few seconds. and you are in the Administration page. So you can change password, verify directory, run setup wizard,...

From VNC, you need to extract VNC version associated with the TCU software verion.  I did download the software package for version 4.0.3 and used VNC included in the package.

With VNC, you can control the TCU server just as if you are with a keyboard and screen.  You can do a ctrl/alt/del to lauch windows expolrer as any Windows XP machine.  You can use this to change the ip setting (DNS).

So my problem is resolved now.

Sorry for the confusion.  I thought you were talking about the TC series software on the codecs rather than the TCU software for the control.  Although the new TCU4.2.1 does include support for TC6 so I'd still recommend the upgrade if you can to get those security enhancements (and other features).

Glad to hear you've got your issue sorted now.

Wayne

--

Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: