Views
Helpful
Replies

TC6.3.0 and no video displayed at Polycom m100 and CMA Desktop

Tom Kalikajaros
Level 1
Level 1

Morning all,

Started testing TC6.3.0 on our least used C20's and found an issue with point to point H323 calls where no video is displayed at current Windows versions of Polycom m100 (1.0.6.38916_6452) or CMA Desktop (5.2.5.35726) client.

Other observations:-

1. Video is displayed correctly at the C20.
  2. Calls connected using Cisco MCU are OK (video displays correctly at both ends)
  3. Other desktop clients tested receive video OK. Tested so far includes  ClearSea, Cisco Jabber (free). RealPresence from an iOS device also  works correctly.

When checking media statistics for both Polycom desktop clients we find that a Video Resolution is not being received/set. I am slowly working through new settings but so far the only workaround is to downgrade the C20 to TC6.2.1.

Is anyone else seeing this behaviour?

Cheers

Tom

10 Replies 10

Tom Kalikajaros
Level 1
Level 1

Testing with Cisco shows that m100 is no longer negotiating video when H264 is used under TC6.3.0 and that we need to either:-

1. apply a capset filter to force video to H263, thus dropping video quality for all conference calls
  2. downgrade the Cisco C20 to TC6.2.1

Cisco have noted that Tandberg Endpoints are only compatible with Polycom RMX and not with Polycom M100 so it is unlikely we will see a fix from Cisco.

We are logging the issue with Polycom.

Tom Kalikajaros
Level 1
Level 1

Joyous! *sarcasm*

Polycom Engineering found out that the new version of the Cisco TC 6.3.0 system did not transmit H.264 Sequence Parameter Set ID or Picture Parameter Set ID which is causing this issue. Polycom m100 works with h.264 and which is missing from Cisco.

Like Cisco, Polycom class this an an interoperability issue and will not be issuing a fix.

If you need to play with new Cisco TC firmware and support connections to m100 clients then all your connections must involve an MCU.

Tom

Hi Tom,

Are you doing encrypetd or unencrypted calls?  I've seen some odd behaviour at time when the encryption was enabled talking to a polycom.  Disabling encryption for that call helped.

Did you try the new TC7.0.1 to see if the problem has been fixed?

Wayne

--

Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Hi Wayne,

Originally tried with and without encryption - no change.

Saw TC7.0.1 and tested earlier today - no change.

Tom

Thanks Tom.  Was worth a try.

I'd suggest getting back on to the Cisco TAC and logging a bug... if it worked in version 6.2.1 and was then broken in 6.3.0, they've obviously broken existing functionality and should fix it (It wouldn't be the first time).

Wayne

--

Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Hi Wayne,

I thought same but Cisco thinks otherwise. Cisco were quick to point out that only RealPresence is supported by C-Series kit. Point-to-point calls to/from RealPresence works as expected. With m100 and surprisingly CMA Desktop not on their 'supported' list it would be a goodwill exercise on their part.

So much for standards

Tom

There's Standards, and then there's "Standards"... just ask Microsoft.  They good at it (H.264 SVC)

Still might be worth escalating with the TAC... if it doesn't work for the one specific Polycom device you've been testing with, it's likely that there's other devices out there in the world ("compatible" or not) that may also have the same issues and are broken now where they worked before.

I was lucky with the similar issues I had previously, they were with a "compatible" unit (Polycom VSX 7000).

Good luck

Wayne

--

Wayne

Could someone solve this CMA display issue?

Because I also encountered the same problem(SX20 & CMA Desktop connect to MCU 5320,but Desktop is no video display.SX20 is normal.)

Has anyone resolve this issue of CMA Desktop not display any video from Cisco C-40 and SX-80 codec?  

If you have resolve it, please share your resolution or work-around.  Thanks.

tanng0001,

m100 isn't on the Cisco interoperability supported list. Not sure about CMA Desktop. If current version of CMA Desktop is still failing to receive video then only workarounds are:-

1. Apply a capset filter to force video to H263, thus dropping video quality for all conference calls (ack!)
  2. Use a bridge when calling m100 or CMA Desktops (this has been our preferred workaround)