Views
Helpful
Replies

TCS 5.0 Installation

debasish rout
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Experts;

First time I am impelmenting a TelePresence project without prior Training ..only with cisco material.

I was able to install and configure VCS-Control,VCS-Expressway,MCU,TMS  all in BE7k.

In TCS installation i am getting one error...I installed Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard 64-bit and .net framework.

When I am starting TCS s/w installation after 2-3 secs its showing the error.

"Error opening installation file.Verify that the specified log file location exists is writable".

I don't know where is this file and its location and restarted the server 2-3 times with no success.

Appreciate all experts answer for this.

Regards

Debashis

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

What you ordered is the virtual TCS software, which will be version 6.1. The software is not avaliable on Cisco.com, you should receive an eDelivery email to download the OVA. The file you downloaded is meant for the TCS appliance.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello Debashis -

Is this a TCS 5.x installation or 6.x?

TCS 5.x supports WIndows 2003 on a Cisco supplied appliance, while TCS 6.0 and later supports Windows 2008 R2 Standard on a Cisco supplied appliance or virtual server starting with 6.1.

Right now the only supported deployments methods for the TCS are either a Cisco supplied appliance, or VM on existing TCS appliance hardware.  Installing TCS on a BExK isn't supported yet.

Dear Patrick;

Thanks for your reply.

Actually I am very new to this Telepresence.

The BOM screenshot i have attached.Looks like it is 5.x and I asked for the 5.x TCS software link they send me  where I downloaded the S6_1_Appliance.zip file.

Now the question is customer only ordered two BE7k Hardware with ESXi5.0 and I have to setup using this.

What shall I do and where I can download the TCS 5.X software.

Below is the BOM from cisco

R-VMTCS-5RP-K9Virtual TCS 5 Rec  2 Live Port

LIC-VMTCS-CLUSTERCluster Option for TCS
LIC-SWTCS-K9Virtual TCS Software Release Key
LIC-VMTCS-5R5 Recording Ports License
LIC-VMTCS-PAKVirtual TCS Options Release Key
LIC-VMTCS-2L2 Live Output Ports License

Regads

Debashis

What you ordered is the virtual TCS software, which will be version 6.1. The software is not avaliable on Cisco.com, you should receive an eDelivery email to download the OVA. The file you downloaded is meant for the TCS appliance.

Dear Patrick;

Thanks a lot for the valuable information.

Regards

Debashis

Dear Patrick;

I have not received any E-delivery e-mail from cisco for TCS 6.1 and I opened a TAC case they relied as below.

I am still worried and don't know how go get this .Our cisco account manager also telling eh has not revived anything.

he received some PDF files with PAK  number.

--------------

You should install TCS 6.1, the guide to follow for the installation process can be found here:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/tcs/6_0/installation/guide/tcs-vm-install.html

Did you receive the download link that is provided in the E-delivery notification email as this will allow you to download the Content Server software image, the OVA template and the system configuration scripts as mentioned in the above document.

In case it is not available on the above link you would need to contact your account team who can provide you the the above (as the software is not available on cisco.com).

You or possibly the vendor you purchased the BOM from might receive the eDelivery email.  If not reach out to your vendor and account manager to see if they can get any details on it.

outlooker
Level 1
Level 1

Usually, the log disk number is E:, which means you need to install Windows server with a CDROM(D:) on the primary partition first , and then format extend partition as disk E:. You are supposed to install the TCS with this configuration.

this worked for me.. thank you