I  want to upgrade Telepresence content server Appliance

right now they are running window server 2003

2003 is going to expire after 2 months that’s y they want to upgrade to 2008

Current TCS Hardware Configuration :

Microsoft Window server 2003

Intel Xeon X3450@2.67GHz

4 GB RAM

500 GB HDD

Please suggest me how to proceed on this and please confirm me if i will upgrade 2003 to 2008 it will effect to current

configuration of TCS.

3 Replies 3

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The best way is to buy a migration SKU and do a physical to virtual migration (it can end up on the same hardware).  This will also get you from the old S5.x software train to the newer S6.x versions.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Hi Wayne,

Please share which SKU 

and it is possible without Buying migration SKU  i can upgrade 2003 to 2008 becuase right now my main concern is window upgarde .

Thanks and Regards,

Sushant 

The TCS appliance to virtual migration SKU is: R-VMTCS-MIG-K9=.

There is no way to simply upgrade Windows, you'll need to migrate to the virtual TCS which will run Windows 2008 R2 Standard.

As Wayne mentions, you can either run it on the existing appliances, or spec-based third party servers.  If you choose to run it on the existing TCS appliances, you'll be wiping the server clean and creating the required VM environment needed to run the Windows virtual machine and TCS application..  You'll need to provide VMWare ESXi as well as Windows 2008 R2 Standard licenses as they are not a part of the migration purchase from Cisco.