Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TelePresence network Setup

Hi All,

My company is planning to setup video conferencing solution

We have 3 sites, in each suite will have TelePresenceEX60 what else do I need to setup video conferencing network, do I need to have CUCM  ?

Thanks

Abdallah

7 Replies 7

If you only want to be able to call between the EX60s then no, you don't need anything else - they can dial each other by IP address.

If you want to be able to call outside your organisation and/or call to other voice only phones, or wish to expand to more endpoints at a later date then you will need CUCM and/or VCS.

In addition, there are good reaons for having a Call Control like CUCM. For example:

• Number and URI dialling
  • Bandiwdth control
  • Access Control
  • Corporate Phonebook
  • Centralized managment. You can upgrade and provisiong configuration using batch
  • Media resource managment
  • Integration with another Video environments (Gatekeeper, SIP Server, ISDN gateway and so on)

In general, if you have small environment with a few number of endpoints, you don't need a Call Control. However, as your environment grow, you will probably look for some additional features, like those described above, then you will need a Call Control.

I hope this help.

Paulo Souza

Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

Paulo Souza Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

Thanks Nick Halbert and Paulo

The plan is to install the Telepresence in three different locations ; each location has cisco  router 2921, if I want to  do  management for videoconferencing ; what should I add to My network CUCM or/and  VCS. Or there is possibility 2921 does the Job with proper UC licenses.

One more thing is that possible to add IP phone the setup

Thanks for your support

Abdallah

Any suggestions

I do not see for now that the ISR router will help you here, at least regards its UC part.

If you only intend to talk in between these two systems and you have at least one static ip

on the outside on each location or a vpn in between all sides it should work.

That said, TelePresence makes more sense and fun to use it towards any destination,

including B2B and B2C calls.

To acomplish that you should also see that you can use URI dialing, also for inbound calls.

Regards your setup and public connectivity a VCS-E (for example the starter pack)

could be of interest for you. That said it might be a bit overhead for just two systems,

but if you plan to grow or have a policy to keep it interal its a way to go.

But you will also find companies offering you a vcs registration as a service, that can

be an option as well.

If you are interested in having your own equipment I would recomend to reach out

to a Cisco TelePresence partner to check up on your needs and what could be one

best to solve it.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

thanks Martin,

In my setup there is IP Phone in each location,

still do i need to have CME at Router to do process and route calls.

Thanks

Abdallah

Hello Abdallah!

I do not fully understand your current deployment and what you want to archive.

It is all dependent on what you want to do and if components which you have today

shall still be used and need to work together and whats capable network wise.

Also how much the solution has to scale and who you need to talk with +

other requirements you might have.

If there is no firewall in between the sites and you only want to place internal TP call

you can try to use CME for your EX60 by setting them up as a sip trunk.

For me external communication is an important factor, this could be the TelePresense registration

as a Service by an external company or your own VCS-E Starter Pack.

The full fledge solution would be CUCM + VCS-C+E

Maybe you could ask a regional consulting company what you should do.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: