Views
Helpful
Replies

Test plan for the cisco Codec 90 endpoints,VCS ,VCSE with MCU

renji joy
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Team,

Can any one please proivide the Test plan for the cisco Codec 90 endpoints,VCS ,VCSE with MCU

Thanks in Advance

5 Replies 5

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Renji,

You may not be able to find one, as the C90 codecs are integrator type units and can be installed and controled in many different ways.  You may or may not have different licence keys installed for additional functionality that you may want to test too (dual display, multisite, etc).

Similar with the VCSs and MCUs... everyone will use them or configure them differently, so you'll need to test them for how they're used on your site.  (ie H.323 only or SIP only or both H.323 and SIP, MCU auto attendants, cascading, etc).

Wayne

--

Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Any test plans for Webex kits and the DXs ?

My response will still be the same as it was over 5 years ago earlier in this thread.

The things you may need to test will vary dramatically depending on how your environment is set up and configured, what you deem is important or not, what protocols you are using, whether you have multisite capabilities, if you need content sharing, etc. 

No one test plan will fit every environment.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

I am looking for a general standard template if applicable

@Mahmoud Simrin wrote:

I am looking for a general standard template if applicable

Again, this will vary dramatically depending on the infrastructure you have and want to test, and all the features you may want to include, but it could be as simple as:

1) Can I make a call

2) Can I receive a call

And then, within those calls, you could further expand it out to do you see and hear from the remote end - and can they see and hear you.

Then you can add in (if applicable to your environment) whether you can add additional participants to a call, and then see and hear them from all ends as well...

Or, if you have a voice gateway, can you include a voice participant as well as video participants.

Or if you need to test with people outside of your business - can you dial in and or out of your network.

And then keep expanding for any additional components or functions you need to test that are relevant to your environment.

Wayne