cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

The CMS domain is the same domain of CUCM, we need to change it

alejandrortiz
Level 1
Level 1

We have a CMS users that are using *@coman.com.co domain, but we need convert this domain to another domain to route (differentiate) the calls from CUCM.

In Theory, the CUCM should have *@coman.com.co and the CMS user should have *@device.coman.com.co (a subdomain) to differentiate the calls, but when I try to change the CMS users domain (changing the API mappings), the Meeting App and WebRTC fall down and the users can't login. What changes do I have to make in the DNS and others devices to achieve this?

7 Replies 7

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Did you configure XMPP to use that domain as well??

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

The xmpp is configured with domain device.coman.com.co, but when the MeetingApp tries to connect, it looks for the DNS SRV _xmpp-client._tcp that is configured in DNS but in the domain coman.com.co, then the App shows unable to connect. Do I have to configure a subdomain? and in this subdomain create the DNS SRV?

Because now your users need to login with the new subddomain, reach out to your network team to get the SRVs configured.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Is there any way to avoid to make changes in DNS? Is completely mandatory work with a subdomain? The DNS SRV configured in the main domain doesn't work in its subdomains?

If device.coman.com.co is your subdomain for CMS, than you'll need to configure:

1. domain of XMPP server to device.coman.com.co
  2. _xmpp-client SRV resolve to device.coman.com.co
  3. _xmpp-server resolve to device.coman.com.co
  4. device.coman.com.co resolve to IP of CMS

You could configure DNS Resource Records in the MMP of CMS to resolve the SRV records to the subdomain, and the subdomain to the IP of CMS, refer to the CMS API Guides for more information on DNS RR.  This should work for the WebRTC client since all DNS lookups would be against the DNS RRs within CMS and not your organization's DNS, but this will not work for the Meeting App, since the app itself will be resolving against your actual DNS.  So in the end, you're going to need to update your DNS entries.

Can you indicate me some documentation to make the changes in the DNS?

By other hand, if I create the DNS subdomain and move the SRV _xmpp services, do the CMS change some configuration? Or only when I import the users change the domain?

Thanks.

Whoever configured your DNS as it is right now should know how to update the SRV records.

After you've made the DNS changes, you'll need to update the CMS configuration to use the new subdomain, XMPP, LDAP, etc.  You'll need to edit the LDAP fields to use the subdomain, and then reimport any users that have already been import previously.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: