Replies

TMS 14.2, TMSPE 1.1, and TMSXE 3.1 released

Kjetil Ree
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi all,

We have three releases in the TMS family today:

Cisco TelePresence Management Suite 14.2

Software location: http://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?i=!y&mdfid=283613664&softwareid=280886992&release=14.2&os=

Release notes: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/tms/release_note/Cisco_TMS_Release_Note_14-2.pdf

There are three main new features in TMS 14.2:

• Support for WebEx Enabled TelePresence (formerly known as WebEx OneTouch 2.0). You can now schedule video meetings in TMS that include both TelePresence and WebEx participants.
  • Time zone awareness for all booking-related functionality. As some of you probably know, earlier TMS versions had limited time zone support so that some recurrent bookings were persisted wrong, especially bookings crossing Daylight Saving Time changes. These problems should now be a thing of the past.
  • New email templates: These have images, clickable links and a more intuitive layout.

Please see the release notes for a full list of other features, changes and bug fixes. Note that the old legacy TMS Scheduler has been removed from TMS 14.2.

Cisco TelePresence Management Suite Provisioning Extension 1.1

Software location: http://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?i=!y&mdfid=284330317&softwareid=280886992&release=1.1&os=

Release notes: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/tmspe/release_note/Cisco_TMSPE_release_notes_1-1.pdf

There are two main new features in TMSPE 1.1.:

• A new Smart Scheduler, replacing the now discontinued TMS Scheduler. The Smart Scheduler is a major improvement in terms of usability and cross platform support. It also supports WebEx Enabled TelePresence.
  • A redesigned FindMe portal.

Please see the release notes for a full list of other features, changes and bug fixes.

TMSPE 1.1 requires TMS 14.2.

Cisco TelePresence Management Suite Extension for Microsoft Exchange 3.1

Software location: http://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?i=!y&mdfid=283694653&softwareid=280886992&release=3.1&os=

Release notes: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/tmsxe/release_note/Cisco_TMSXE_release_notes_3-1.pdf

There is one main new feature:

• Support for WebEx Enabled TelePresence, including a booking service that acts as a proxy for WebEx Productivity Tools.

Please see the release notes for a full list of other features, changes and bug fixes. All customers are strongly advised to upgrade to TMSXE 3.1.

TMSXE 3.1 requires TMS 14.2. Note that migration from TMSXE 2.x (TCX) no longer is supported.

Regards,

Kjetil Ree

35 Replies 35

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Very nice!  Quick questions though for TMSPE, it says in the release notes "Cisco TMSPE 1.1 supports and requires Java 7 update 17, 32-bit or 64-bit".  Is it safe to update to the most recent release of Java 7 (update 2x something), or should we go no higher than update 17?

"WQQuick Quic Q

Hi Patrick

I have not tested for so long but I am using Java 7 u21  for TMSPE 1.1 and it works fine as far as I can see...

/Magnus

It means we have only systematically tested with J7u17. Later updates could work, but if customers see issues specific to these updates, we could ask them to roll back to update 17.

-Kjetil

Just upgraded to 14.2 and TMSPE 1.1 - now all tmspe provisioning related pages are blank; diagnostics, settings etc. Says "loading", then nothing.

Portal page is also showing incorrect conference status; should show Pending: 0, but shows 13 instead, "Finished" shows 54 when it should be 65, and the website itself is completly broken in IE 10.

Can't be bothered stuffing around with it any more tonight. Not particulary happy though.

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

I updated our lab TMS and TMSPE the other day, and upon the completion I got the same blank pages for TMSPE. Even after waiting for the pages to load thinking it might just take them a little extra time because I also updated to Java 7 as well - well I waited and nothing. I did a full restart of the server and then waited a few minutes before loading the pages, and they finally loaded.

As for IE, I'm using version 9, and find I have to us compatibility mode for TMS to even load correctly, or else the entire website loads garbled with no formatting.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Thanks Patrick, re-booted the server, again, this morning, and all is now good as far as TMSPE is concerned.

(Edit: System/Provisioning/Devices still giving blank page - Users are ok).

I am seeing a couple of bugs though; Portal page shows incorrect data under "Conferences and reservations" (this is now showing correct data all of sudden), inability to upgrade end-points from TC6.0 to TC6.1 is also present in this version of TMS, CDRs show incorrect data/day; i.e. shows a stack of calls on Saturdays when there were none (this was actually noticed in 14.1.1).

List Conferences now includes all conferences after 12pm the previous day, which is not particulary helpful, all we want are the pending conferences for that particular date and onwards, nothing in the past, or with other words, they way it was in 14.1.1 and earlier versions...

Just dawned on me that TMS is now using 12PM instead of 12AM as the beginning of a new day when listing conferences.

What's worse is that I'm also seeing some conferences which isn't really there; guess we can call'em "ghosts", click on one to delete it and TMS tells me I have to select a conference first....

These have now somehow been cleared.

Release notes also says;

"HTTPS enabled by default for the Cisco TMS website

To improve security, HTTPS is now enabled by default for the Cisco TMS website. Administrators will be asked if they want to provide a certificate or generate a self-signed certificate during install."

Well, I was never asked, and the TMS website is still HTTP.

And seriously, who thought limiting "Last Used" on the Add Participant pop-up to 10 was a good idea?

Can't find any trace of the Smart Scheduler - or is that only present if using FindMe?

/jens     

Smart Scheduler is avaliable through TMSPE, once PE is installed.  The Smart Scheduler and FindMe are contained within the same portal inside of TMS.  You can get to it by clicking on the square icon next to the question mark "?" help and logout icons.

I thought that was the one, but it doesn't work for me, wonder if it has got something to do with FindMe being disabled as we don't use it?

/jens

Jens - FYI, I just turned off FindMe in the TMSPE settings, and are still able to access the Smart Scheduler.  The TMS Portal that it loads gives you the Smart Scheduler and FindMe options to click whichever one you want to work with.  FineMe of course being avaliable based on if it's enabled or not in the TMSPE settings.

Jens Didriksen wrote:

CDRs show incorrect data/day; i.e. shows a stack of calls on Saturdays when there were none (this was actually noticed in 14.1.1).

Hi,

Is it this problem you're seeing?

Regards,

Kjetil

Guess that'll have to be it; i.e. below shows Saturday April 20th as having a large number of calls, whereas CCC shows, correctly, no calls on that day.

/jens

Bug number: CSCug71311.

-Kjetil

Thank you very much

Ha en riktig god helg

/jens

Darren Goulden
Level 1
Level 1

'Removed support for 3rd party systems'

Just checking, can we still manage these systems with 14.2 but no future development, or can TMS no longer manage them?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: