Views
Helpful
Replies

TMS - Automatically check for Updates Issue

corneliss
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have tried searching online but can't find a direct answer to the problem I'm currently stuck with, it has been mentioned here https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/11251221/telepresence-management-suite-tms-automatic-software-updates

I have followed the instruction but still have the same issue where TMS cannot download any new software automatically.

My TMS version is 14.2.2

When Automatic Software Update is set to yes, TMS tries to download software and then I receive an error ( Seen below)

Event log
29/04/2016 14:25 PM - Event Created
29/04/2016 14:26 PM - Event executed by XXXXXXXXXXX
29/04/2016 14:26 PM - Software update check started. Connecting to the update service.
29/04/2016 14:28 PM - Update check failed. Please see system logs for details. Note that TMS must have internet access to contact the software update service.

The Server is connected to the Internet, even when trying to use a proxy TMS still can't download any new software.

Anyone else maybe resolved an issue similar to mine.

Regards

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Starting with TC6.1 and later, TMS will no longer automatically download TC software, this is because of a change in the verification and download procedure for these software releases.  When new TC software is released, you'll have to log into Cisco.com and download the software yourself, then upload it to your TMS servers.

New Software Download Procedure for TelePresence Endpoints running TC Software

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Can you tell us what endpoints you're expecting TMS to download software for?  What is the current software version the endpoints are running?

Hi Patrick,

The endpoints we have in our environment is: C20, C40, EX90, SX20 and SX80

The software version are between TC7.1.4 to TC7.3.3

I would like TMS to download the latest software package that is TC7.3.6 and then I would like to push out the update to all my VC endpoints and update them all at once.

Starting with TC6.1 and later, TMS will no longer automatically download TC software, this is because of a change in the verification and download procedure for these software releases.  When new TC software is released, you'll have to log into Cisco.com and download the software yourself, then upload it to your TMS servers.

New Software Download Procedure for TelePresence Endpoints running TC Software