cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TMS Deleting User-Level Configs (Migrating from Agent to TPMSPE)

john-guy
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Telepresence Group...

On page 25 of the CCO document there's a step where it states to delete all Users.  In my configuration I have 2 Groups, Jabber-USERs and Jabber-VIP that are imported from Active Directory.  Is this step stating that I should delete both Groups and its User that are contained in the Jabber and VIP groups?  If so, does TPMSE populate a new Group of Users?  Thank you

5 Replies 5

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Is it the Deployment guide you are referring to?

On page 25 it tells you to delete all the user level configurations as this is not supported in TMSPE but is migrated from Legacy. We recommend to clean it up like stated but it does not delete the group or users it self, only configurations related to that specific user.

Please let me know if I am looking at the wrong document.

Before migration you would not have to do anything with the users or groups. Just install the TMSPE and perform the migration. But since you are using AD accounts it might not be necessary to do a migration at all since the users will be imported from AD anyway, but it will be faster to do the migration. But I would definately not delete any users or groups before running the migration since the point is to take what you have over to TMSPE, if you delete if first then it will be nothing to migrate...

/Magnus

Hi Magnus,

I'm preparing to migrate from TMS Agent to TMSPE.  I needed help to understand the section in the CCO document where it states to delete User-Level Configurations.  My system setup under System-Provisioning-Directory is imported from A/D.  I think the CCO document is refering to Users manually entered into the TMS and if this is true I can skip this section on the migration document. 

Thank you

John

Yes that is correct, so you can safely skip it.

/Magnus

Is this the section you are referring to?

/Magnus

john-guy
Level 1
Level 1

Yes it is and I'm referencing CCO document Cisco TMSPE Provisioning Deployment Guide.  Thx Again