cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TMS Dialing meeting room with a room number

JRandall22655
Level 1
Level 1

We have purchased the Zoom Room Connector product. It has a static IP address for our room. It also has a meeting number to dial as well  (i.e. xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 123456#).  I am successful in dialing into the IP address and manually putting in the meeting number using the remote control for the codec, but would really like to schedule it in the TMS to automagically dial the room without any user intervention.  Any ideas?

4 Replies 4

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

What version of TMS do you have?

I don't know how the room connector functions, but you might be able to add the endpoint as an Unmanaged Endpoint (TMS 14.5 and later) or Room (TMS 14.4.2 and earlier), this will allow TMS to be able to dial out to the endpoint from other TMS managed endpoints or conference bridges.  Refer to the TMS Admin Guides for more information on Unmanaged Endpoints/Rooms.

Hmmm...  Not sure.  What I need to be able to do is to dial an IP 123.456.789.10 plus a meeting room.

I thought that you could dial IP 123.456.789.10##meeting ID, but that does not work.  I am not sure how you make it dial and then wait and then dial the room number.

IP_Address##Meeting_ID is used by Polycom systems, you should be dialing using Meeting_ID@IP_Address.

Nope.  TMS will not let you create the room using room number@123.456.789 .

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: