Views
Helpful
Replies

TMS Installation - External SQL

gpsriramdc
Level 4
Level 4

Hi !

We are installing the TMS 15.13 and database is on external SQL server with Windows based authentication. SQL Native client already installed , Windows Account login is verified successfully but still getting the error as login failed. How we can troubleshoot ?

6 Replies 6

gpsriramdc
Level 4
Level 4

TMS_Installation_Failed_SQL.PNGODBC_Drivers.PNG

Hi, 

Did you change the IIS application identity?  

Please refer to the following document: Configure TMS to  Use Windows Authentication for External SQL Server - Cisco

if you have already done the above, please share the SQL version that you have installed? 

Regards, 

Hi Shalid,

This is the fresh installation. I guess TMS IIS pool created only after the installation.

Hi, 

Point to consider

• Mixed-mode authentication must be enabled on the SQL during the TMS installation 
  • the SQL user should have the dbcreator and securityadmin server roles. 
  • TCP/IP should be enabled

Regards,

Eric Ingram
Level 4
Level 4

I'm no longer using TMS but I when I set this up the same way you are trying I recall a specific version of SQL native client was required.  It was in the troubleshooting section of the install guide.  Maybe uninstall and reinstall it.

Also make sure ports between TMS Windows server and external SQL are allowed to communicate.  I also had that issue due to some data center requirements.

Zac Colton
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

During the installation process of TMS, SQL based credentials must be used. TMS can then be set to use Windows based credentials *afterwards*.