Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TMS Phonebook on CUCM-registered TC endpoints

Since TMS version 14.4.0 it is possible to get the phonebook server of a CUCM-registered endpoint  to point to the TMS phonebook instead of the CUCM phonebook.

I tried to set it up but I still can't get it to work.

On the TC endpoint (version TC7.1.3), in Configuration >System Configuration > Phonebook Server,

I setup the server type as TMS and the URL as http://TMSserverFQDN/tms/public/external/phonebook/phonebookservice.asmx

When I SSH onto the TC endpoint I can ping the TMS serverFQDN so the DNS resolution on the endpoint is apparently working.

When I open that URL into my browser I do get a page called "PhoneBookService" with links GetPhonebooks, ResolveSystem and Search

But on the endpoint touchscreen it just doesn't work. It just shows "no directory".

How can I troubleshoot this issue?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The few quick questions that pop to mind are:

1. Are the endpoints defined in TMS?
  2. Is a TMS phonebook published to the endpiont in TMS?
  3. Does the TMS phonebook have a valid source and entries in it?

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

View solution in original post

16 Replies 16

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The few quick questions that pop to mind are:

1. Are the endpoints defined in TMS?
  2. Is a TMS phonebook published to the endpiont in TMS?
  3. Does the TMS phonebook have a valid source and entries in it?

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Thanks Wayne.

The problem was #2.

I didn't know I had to set the phonebooks from the TMS on the endpoints.

Can we use templates to do that just like for the old VCS registered endpoints?

Yes, you can use a template to force an endpoint to have a specific phonebook.

Wayne

I have a question about phone book CUCM registered DX70 and SX80 devices.

How can i import CUCM end users my DX/SX endpoint device  ?

Is there a any way do this ?

Great question, I was wondering the same thing. I just received my first DX80 and was trying to figure out the best way to push a phonebook to it. In CUCM you cannot select TMS as an alt phonebook and you cannot add the DX80 to TMS.

You may have to wait until the CE software is released for the DX80 before you can do this. 

Wayne

I'm trying to import CUCM to DX70 endpoint. for default phonebook.

I'll open the case TAC.

This resolved my problem as well, however a couple strange oddities:

-When I add the system to TMS, it overwrites the CUCM configuration. I have to go back and reconfigure for CUCM provision

-When I do provision to CUCM and set phone book to TMS, TMS is throwing an error that "Status:Wrong provisioning mode"

Must I set TMS as alt CUCM phone book, or can I point the endpoint phone book to TMS and still provision with CUCM error free?

Hi Aaron,

What version of TMS are you using?  Did you follow the steps in the TMS Admin Guide for adding a device to TMS that exists in CUCM (See Pages 72 and 73)?

Wayne
--

Wayne

Wayne,

14.4.2 in dev, getting ready to install 14.5 in prod.

The guide assumes TMS will have admin access to CUCM, but at the moment CUCM is vendor managed and TMS is self managed. TMS right now will only be used for system monitoring, phone book and other non-schedule tasks.

I have so far been able to add the device to TMS, point device to CUCM to pull down the config, then point the device back to TMS to leverage the phone book and prevent errors.

Does TMS support a way of passing the device through to CUCM for provisioning, or must the devices be added using the "from list", which implies a trust between TMS and CUCM? Right now my workaround works, but I'd rather

This is a weird one. On our side, as the endpoints are CUCM registered, the TMS doesn't change the endpoint config.

• System > Navigator
  • Add Systems
  • From List tab
  • Unified CM
  • and pickup the endpoint from the list

I think if you register your CUCM on the TMS (not sure what you mean by "trust". You just need to register the CUCM on the TMS if I remember correctly what I did and this is harmless to the CUCM as the TMS won't change anything to it) and add the endpoints using that precedure you should not have the problem. Because the the TMS knows that the endpoint is CUCM-managed.

They way I read the documentation, TMS needs admin rights to CUCM. That is where I was referring to a trust, poor choice of words on my part.

Vendor provided admin ID for TMS, works like a champ!

Great to hear you've got it sorted Aaron.  Happy to hear that your vendor provided you with the rights to di it properly.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne