Views
Helpful
Replies

TMS reporting - Network Packet Loss

ronin2k8cronus
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

I am trying to see packet loss reports in TMS but there is no info there.

My network is : VCS 7.0.2 with movi, c20 and ex60 registered (SIP) to it and a TMS 13.1.2.

The vcs is a starter pack and the TMS is the demo version. I first registered the endpoint to the vcs and then added the TMS to the network. I the added the endpoints and vcs to TMS. In TMS I see the endpoints and info about them, but unfortunatelly no info in the packet loss report. I made a call between movi and c20 with packet loss but no info was shown in the report.

I am very new to TMS and I wonder if there is something I should do in order to make the endpoints send packet loss info to TMS.

I sshed to the endpoints and I can see the info about packet loss and jitter through the api.

The network described above is my test network on which I can do prety much everything on. I also have the same problem (this time with EX60 endpoints, VCS Control and TMS) on a customer network and on that network I really need to get this working.

Any help would be much appreciated. Form what I read the endpoints should sent this info through HTTP to TMS. Am I right?

Thank you for your help.

22 Replies 22

Mahmoud Simrin
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you Kjetil Ree and Magnus Ohm

TMS reporting is only available via the Analytics

Extension which is licensed.

Do you guys know what do I need in order to capture the TMS

reports? Do we need APR access to the TMS to capture? Not sure what if  we need to

pay for another license!

Thank You ,

The regular tMS reports is available from the TMS webpage under reporting. The other alternative would be to aquire Analytics Extension.

/Magnus

I am sorry I am little bit confused here now

Can you elaborate more please  ? If we can get reporting straight  from the TMS page why we need to acquire Analytics Extension?.

Hi this depends a little on your needs. The analytics extension provides a more flexible way of generating reports the way you want it. If you read the administration guide you will get a lot more information. The TMS reportings contains contains different reporting layouts but there is little flexibility here to customize.

/Magnus Ohm

Let us  assume a customer  wants        us to get the reports for them and forward it. what option should we go for ?

Still this depends on what you/your customer need. You can export the regular TMS reportings to PDF / Excel and distribute these. But as I said there is little room for flexibility here, but if the customer thinks the regular reports are sufficient then you don't need to go for the analytics extension. Analytics extension lets you work with the numbers and generate your own graphs and reporting presentation. But I recommend you to read the documents me and Kjetil provided you to get more information. 

/Magnus

Thank you very much .

Do you have a sample of both for me to copmare please?  (The  regular TMS reporting & the analytical)

Hello Magnus,

In easier terms we need direct access to the TMS data where can collect the data and generates reports.

In addition, we want to have our scheduling, reporting and management systems to have full visibility into meetings scheduled and other information that that premises TMS has.  Other service providers tap into this via an API to provide the customer enhanced reports across intra-company/intercompany as well as higher support levels because they have full visibility into the enterprise environment.  We don't have that.

What route would you suggest for us to go ? (Regular or Analytical)