cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TMS reporting that a T150 has an incorrect management address

mattjenkins
Level 1
Level 1

Well as above really... Connecting to the T150 directly and it shows it has the correct address....

Any ideas why TMS is reporting this?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

4 Replies 4

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Matt

If you click Settings --> Edit settings is the management address here correct compared to TMS IP address / FQDN in the Admin tools --> Config --> Network settings?

When you click the settings tab what does TMS report in the red line and what address does it suggest you too use compared to the actual TMS server address and the one configured for the T150?

If everything is matching and nothing should be wrong, you could try to enforce management settings on the system. You do this by clicking the settings tab and edit settings. Then click the button at the bottom "Enforce management settings" this should populate the management address. The address the TMS will use is the one configured under network settings. If this does not work purge the system and re add it and see if the same error occurs.

Do you know if the unit is registered to more than one TMS, since if enforce management settings is set to Yes both TMSs will periodiacally push their address to the system so the address will change from TMS1 to TMS2 to TMS1 etc...

/Magnus

It only seems to be intermittent. The device has the correct setting in TMS and is only managed by 1 TMS.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Hi Matt

Interesting. Could you please check that the ethernet cable is plugged into the "Ethernet" port and not the "PC" port? I know it will behave "almost" normal with the cable plugged in the PC port like webinterface and communication, except for some feedback issues with TMS. I know this has caused similar issues before (although a while since I have seen this). I think it's worth checking.

What software version is the TMS and the endpoint? Do you see this on any other endpoints managed by that TMS or is this the only one? What is different between this endpoint and the other ones that works (if this unit is the only one that is)?

Unfortunately if this does not get us anywhere I might require some logs from you and in that case you must open a case with TAC if we cannot solve this in an easy way. 

/Magnus

I fullyagree with Magus. Especially to check on the FQDN and try the enforce management setting.

I did not see a feedback on that part.

The "strange behavior = wrong network port" is also something I had seen before (on a 1700mxp).

I thought it would be a transparent bridge, but it seems to be something strange with it and a proper

conneciton fixed it for us.

Not sure if the TMS rechecks the IP<->FQDN mapping, ifso it might be worth checking if all your used DNS

servers (especially the ones set up on the TMS itself, as well as on the endpoint) always resolve the TMS name.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify