cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TMS search box

Michael Owens
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a way to change the default number of devices displayed when you use the search window located on the upper right corner of the TMS web-page? Ours will only display the first 50 devices regardless of the number of devices found during the search.

3 Replies 3

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

Why do you want to list more than 50 systems here? Search is usually used to locate a specific system(s). Is the purpose that you want to have a systems overview sort of thing?

You find this feature under Systems --> System overview. Here you can select folders you want to see an overview of..

Is this what you where looking for?

/Magnus

Here is an example of what I'm wanting to do:

My device names include building numbers and I'd like to be able to do a quick search for BLDG25 or BLDG40. Since I have more than 50 devices with BLDG25 in the name, I'd like to be able to see all the devices instead of just the first 50. I can do it as a report but the search box is considerably faster when you have over a thousand devices. As far as I can tell, I can't change that parameter from the system overview.

Hi Michael

I understand, but this seems like a limitation in the search function. I would recommend to file a feature request on this through your cisco account manager to perhaps give this feature more flexibility. Or maybe someone else here has some tricks up their sleeve to expand the search result limitation. I have not heard of anyone had this problem before so its interesting!  

If you have your endpoints devided into folders like one folder for BLDG40 and one folder for BLDG25 endpoints, you can select these folders only to list only those endpoints in the overview. But I understand that you want the search function since its faster.

/Magnus