cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TMS Smart Scheduler - what can you schedule and dial out?

Robert McAffery
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Forum,

I am thinking of upgrading from TMS 13.2.1 to TMS 14.3 with TMSPE 1.1.  However, I have seen that the 'old' web scheduler has been replaced with the new smart sceduler.

What can you schedule from the new smart scheduler? It looks like you can only schedule calls to numbers in Phonebooks?  Can you scedule dial out calls to:

Movi/Jabber phonebook?

External SIP/H323                 

External ISDN?

What CAN'T the new smart scheduler do compared to the 'old' web scheduler?

Thanks,

Robert

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

H Robert,

Yes, at this momment, you only can add systems managed by TMS (those added in System > Navigator) when scheduling via Smart Scheduler.

But Cisco has already opened a feature request to give possibility to add phonebooks or dial out participants in Smart Scheduler interface, but I cannot confirm if Cisco is really goign to develop it or when it is going to be available. This is the feature request already opened by Adam:

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCug76084

A workaround would be to add your external endpoint as "room" to TMS under System > Navigator, so that they will appear on Smart Scheduler, however, systems added as room takes a system license just like a common system managed by TMS. So, before follow this workaround, make sure that you have licenses enough for that.

My personal hint is, if you really need to schedule dial out participants, so I suggest you to use the common booking interface, at least until Cisco improve Smart Scheduler.

In addition, raise this feature request to your your local Cisco representative as well, so that they can help you to escalate this feature request to Cisco to try to get priority on this, this is helpful. More clients ask the same thing, more Cisco considers the feature request.

Regards

Paulo Souza

Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

Paulo Souza Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Robert

There is some information about the smart scheduler in the TMSPE 1.1 release notes.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/tmspe/release_note/Cisco_TMSPE_release_notes_1-1.pdf

There is some changes in the smart scheduler compared to the old scheduler. There is no Phonebook Scheduling anymore and there is no longer extensive possibilities to dial out to custom numbers or ISDN for that matter.

There are other discussions about the smart scheduler as well in the forum:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2215456

/Magnus

Hi Magnus,

Thanks for the reply! I posted on here to get some clarification.  I had looked at the forum and the release notes but wasnt sure.  My client uses the dial external (h323 and SIP via expressway)  alot and calls out using ISDN.  Basically they are using their MCU for ALL voice and video calls and scheduled everything through TMS. 

So the'only' thing that can be scheduled to automatically call out, are end points that TMS manages? Then you can set place holders for dial in participants? Is that correct?

Thanks,

Robert

H Robert,

Yes, at this momment, you only can add systems managed by TMS (those added in System > Navigator) when scheduling via Smart Scheduler.

But Cisco has already opened a feature request to give possibility to add phonebooks or dial out participants in Smart Scheduler interface, but I cannot confirm if Cisco is really goign to develop it or when it is going to be available. This is the feature request already opened by Adam:

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCug76084

A workaround would be to add your external endpoint as "room" to TMS under System > Navigator, so that they will appear on Smart Scheduler, however, systems added as room takes a system license just like a common system managed by TMS. So, before follow this workaround, make sure that you have licenses enough for that.

My personal hint is, if you really need to schedule dial out participants, so I suggest you to use the common booking interface, at least until Cisco improve Smart Scheduler.

In addition, raise this feature request to your your local Cisco representative as well, so that they can help you to escalate this feature request to Cisco to try to get priority on this, this is helpful. More clients ask the same thing, more Cisco considers the feature request.

Regards

Paulo Souza

Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

Paulo Souza Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

Hi what is the actual status for the SMART SCHEDULER in the moment.

I also upgraded our customer from 13.2 to 15.3 and TMSPE 1.7.

So i can t still find anything for dial out.

So was the something changed since TMSPE  1.1

Regards

Thomas

Adding dial-out partcipants still isn't an option within Smart Scheduler, currently you can only add either TMS managed systems, or phone book entries.

Two workarounds can be done to add dial-out participants within Smart Scheduler:

1. Create a phone book entry.
  2. Create unmanaged endpoints within TMS.

There are several enhancement request related to this, see CSCug76084, CSCul17382, and CSCuq20121.  If this is something you'd like to see within TMSPE, suggest you contact your Account Manager with any of those mentioned requests.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: