Views
Helpful
Replies

TMS - TCS interop bug?

Bob Fitzgerald
Level 4
Level 4

Hello!

I have found a reproduceable issue where if you change the System Name of a Telepresence Content Server after it has already been added to TMS and then do a Force Refresh of its entry in Systems>Navigator, it will be incorrecty identified when added to conferences.

After perfoming the above, when a Telepresence Content Server that is managed by TMS is added to a conference, TMS identifies it as "Unnamed Cluster".  Technically, TMS identifies it as "Unnamed Cluster (frontend address)"  No skin off my nose, but a customer is bothered by it.

This has been seen in TMS14.1.1/TCS S5.3 and TMS13.2 / TCS 5.2.

The only way I have found to get it back to listing the TCS by its System Name is to Purge the TCS from TMS and then add it back in.

Is there another way I am missing that isn't as drastic?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Patrick Pettit
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

HI Bob.  I"ve changed this twice.  Both System Name and Website Name.  I didn't have any problems at all doing what you did here.

Is there a frontend address listed on yours? Cause mine doesn't have one here.  Are these TCS's clustered?

VR

P2

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Bob!

Which TCS Version do you use?

With TME 13.2 and S5.3 I was not able to reproduce what you said.

What I did:

* TCS is already in TMS

* rename Contentserver on the Contentserver webinterface

* refresh settings in TMS systems navigator

* book conference and add TCS alias

* the new name show up nicley.

Anyhow the purge system would have been a workaround I would also have recomended to try.

I recall having seen issues before when trying to rename the content server, does it make a difference

if you use a different browser to rename it?

If you can reproduce it, consider escalating the thread as a service request to TAC.

Did you check if there is some bug in the bug toolkit for TMS or TCS?

Btw, did you use a clustered TCS or a standalone?

There is a XML API uri on the content server to get the config, I just dont recall that one, it would be interesting to see what that one returns.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Patrick Pettit
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

HI Bob.  I"ve changed this twice.  Both System Name and Website Name.  I didn't have any problems at all doing what you did here.

Is there a frontend address listed on yours? Cause mine doesn't have one here.  Are these TCS's clustered?

VR

P2

Hey there Patrick,

Ding ding ding!  Yes, in each case there is a frontend address.  I just tried removing the frontend address and TMS used the System Name.  With the frontend address not configured I could change the System Name and TMS adjusted accordingly after a Force Refresh. I put the frontend address back and got the Unnamed Cluster after a Force Refresh.

No TCS Cluster, the TCS is standalone.

Thanks man, you have identified the culprit.  Now we just have to wait for those programming guys to fix it. 

HI Bob.  Thanks.  Very interesting.  Let me see whats going on.  Thanks for the update. 

VR

P2

Hey Bob.  Verify you have the cluster option key installed?  Just curious. 

VR

P2

Hi Pat,

Nope, no Cluster key. 

It's a standalone TCS.  I even checked the TCS entry in TMS;

Cluster Role:Stand-alone

Thanks!

Hi again,

I get the same behavior from a TCS that does have the Cluster key.

Even though it has the Cluster option key, it is still a stand-alone TCS;

Cluster Role:Stand-alone

Thanks!

I've seen the same issue with our TMS 14.1.1 and TCS 5.3.

TMS shows the correct name in system navigator, however at the same time when scheduling the TCS it shows as "Unnamed Cluster" as mentioned above.  For already scheduled conferences before this started, they still show the correct TCS name, but when they're about to start, the TCS name changes.  Our TCS is not in a cluster.  I can do a force refresh and it refreshes with the correct name as described what is showing in system navigator, but TMS doesn't fully see that for some reason.

Unnamed Clu

Unnamed Cluster" as meni

Patrick Pettit
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

HI Bob/Patrick - We've submitted CSCue92220 for this issue.  This is raised against TMS.  Lets see where it leads us.  Not sure how long it will be before being customer viewable though...

Hope this helps.

VR

Patrick

Thanks Patrick, you da man.