cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TMSPE 1.0.159 Provisioning Groups Issue

shengnong
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone, recently I am facing an issue whenever I create a new user group in the Provisioning site of the TMS, usually whenever I created a new group, It will create its own configuration templates with User Settings -> Origin, its own group. But now whenever I create a new group It will create the folder group, and assign itself the User Settings of the Root Group Folder, I have tried to check the configuration templates, but none of them refer to new folder group creation.

In the first image, it's a group created previously, It would assign the user settings of its own folder.

In this second image the new folders group just assign the parent directory instead of generation the new Origin:

I was wondering If i'm hitting a bug right now and would have to reinstall TMSPE....

Regards.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Patrick, nevermind, I have just reinstalled TMSPE and everything looks fine now, what happened was that whenever I tried to change the Video Address Pattern and Device Address Pattern, instead of creating a new template, and change the user settings Origin, It would directly change the settings on the Root folder and affected all the groups newly created from Parent Root Group, I checked the SQL Database with management studio and the Parent ID's assigned to the new groups related to the table of groups pending from the Root folder, made no sense at all on the new groups entries, the new groups had the same ID as root folder. So I knew the TMSPE was doing funny things hence the reinstall.

I've been reconsidering seriously to upgrade, but there are some technical requirements that blocked us from doing so, we'd need new machines, physical installation, we were considering using ESXI, I have done a lab and looks good with ESXI, but the worse part we have encountered is that the new Smart Scheduler doesn't meet our business requirements, whenever a domain user access the smart scheduler and wants to schedule a call, he's got to search for the endpoint or users, what we have offered is that from the Scheduler he can choose all his group/corporate/department endpoints and users from a list available for him, granted permissions from the TMS on his domain user instead so that he doesn't have to search for it, I wanted to test further in 14.5 TMS and TMSPE 1.3 to see if I can on the Smart Scheduler have preconfigured favourite list of corporate contacts, but doesn't seem so... Looks like the user has to do it from its profile in the Smart Scheduler.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

First off, I highly suggest you upgrade to TMSPE 1.4.  You might not need some or all of the newer features within 1.4, but you'll get bug fixes for issues that might be affecting the earlier versions, especially since you're still running the initial TMSPE release.

I just tested with TMSPE 1.4 and created a group within a group, and the new group took the configuration from it's parent group, and not of the root folder.

Can you provide a screenshot of your Users and Groups tree showing these groups and their placement to each other.

Hello Patrick, thank you for the reply, all my groups are children groups from root, but before whenever I created a new group, the group's self user settings origin were their own group instead of the root group, It would generate a template for the group itself, but now it just create the group without generating the right user settings. 

I was checking the templates, but I can't seem to find any value that tells the PE to create the group and generate a new template.

Patrick, nevermind, I have just reinstalled TMSPE and everything looks fine now, what happened was that whenever I tried to change the Video Address Pattern and Device Address Pattern, instead of creating a new template, and change the user settings Origin, It would directly change the settings on the Root folder and affected all the groups newly created from Parent Root Group, I checked the SQL Database with management studio and the Parent ID's assigned to the new groups related to the table of groups pending from the Root folder, made no sense at all on the new groups entries, the new groups had the same ID as root folder. So I knew the TMSPE was doing funny things hence the reinstall.

I've been reconsidering seriously to upgrade, but there are some technical requirements that blocked us from doing so, we'd need new machines, physical installation, we were considering using ESXI, I have done a lab and looks good with ESXI, but the worse part we have encountered is that the new Smart Scheduler doesn't meet our business requirements, whenever a domain user access the smart scheduler and wants to schedule a call, he's got to search for the endpoint or users, what we have offered is that from the Scheduler he can choose all his group/corporate/department endpoints and users from a list available for him, granted permissions from the TMS on his domain user instead so that he doesn't have to search for it, I wanted to test further in 14.5 TMS and TMSPE 1.3 to see if I can on the Smart Scheduler have preconfigured favourite list of corporate contacts, but doesn't seem so... Looks like the user has to do it from its profile in the Smart Scheduler.

Glad you were able to resolve your issue by reinstalling TMSPE.

I and others agree, the Smart Scheduler isn't so smart, at least not as good with the options provided when scheduling conferences.