Views
Helpful
Replies

TMSPE - Phone Book Polling interval

Dennis Koenig
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

i just got a message from a customer asking me why the phone book polling interval on VCS-C can't be set to less than 1 hour.  They have "problems" with newly created jabber users. When a new user logs into their windows jabber client there are no phonebooks visible. Phonebook became visible only after 1 hour since user creation on TMS. The Phonebook source on TMS itself is updated with the new user after 2 minutes ( setting the update frequency of the provisioning phonebook to 2 minutes). The only way to make the phonebook visible in the jabber client is to manually make a full sync on the VCS.

Capture.PNG

VCS SW: X7.2

TMS SW: 13.2.1

Jabber: 4.4

I understand that it works as designed but the customer is very unhappy on how this is done. They must wait 1 hour until they can sent out the jabber account information to users so that they can login and see all the phonebook entries.

Any hints to resolve this customer issue?

Are there plans for the future so that the polling interval can be set to e.g. 5 minutes?

Any help is much appreciated!

Regards,

Dennis

1 Reply 1

gubadman
Level 3
Level 3

This is as designed, if the customer really needs to get the phonebooks straight in to the VCS, they can go to

System > TMS Provisioning Extension services in the VCS web pages and click on "Check for updates" at the bottom of tha page and this will get the latest changes at this point in time.