cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Touch Panel for EX90

stanley.april
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to add an extender to the touch panel cable for the EX90? My customer is trying to use the EX90 in a asmall confernece room and needs the touch panel to reach the conference table.

8 Replies 8

Marius Nedregaard
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Both yes and no. There is no "extenders" nor any "official" way of doing this. But you do have two possible options.

Obtain a touch panel with the 7meter cord (shipped as touch panels for C-series ) PID: CTS-CTRL-DVC8=

Obtain a PoE injector and pair the touch over the network. ( I am not sure if this will work ) PID:

PSU-DVC-POE13V=

//Marius

Hi,

If you connect extender cable and PSU - Audio from handset will not work .

Kind regards,

Dharmmesh

Hi Dharmesh,

Do you know if I can do the psu trick also with an mx300?

Regards,

Peter

Ravi Yadav
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Peter,

Yes it will work for mx as well
Though it has a longer cable as compared to the ex series

Thanks
Ravi kr.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Hi Ravi,

Yes, it's pretty long, but in some conditions it's still to short.

Many thanks

Peter

Ravi Yadav
Level 4
Level 4

:)
Got it

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

dear sir,

i have ex90 here and when i connect the controller it said "codec software too old", what should i do to fix this trouble?

i can not connect to ex90 via console neither via web, please advise

regard

Hi Julius,

That sounds like you have a newer touch panel and you're trying to connect it to a codec that is running an older version of the TC software.

To get around this issue, you'll need to update the software on the device.  You should be able to download a newer version of the TC software for the EX90 if you have an active service contract on the device.  The latest version is TC7.0.1.  You will need a minimum of version 4.2.4 or 5.1.4.

If you do not have an active service contract, this security advisory may be of interest and should help you get a "free" upgrade to TC6.1.

Wayne

--

Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: