Views
Helpful
Replies

TP Server and CTS-MAN next SW release

jvodny
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

Any knowndates for new SW releases of TP Server and CTS-MAN.

TP Server – Next release of 3.0 = TPS 3.0 Maintenance1.

CTS-MAN – 1.9.1 version

We are waiting for fixing BUGs.

Many thanks,

Josef

7 Replies 7

luchand
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Josef,

Which bugs are you looking to see fixed in the TelePresence Server?

Thanks,

Luc

Hi Luc,

It is bug: CSCud79712 - 2.3 release is more bursty than 2.2 when talking to CTS endpoints.

Fixed-In Fixed-in: Release-Pending

Josef

The current plan is to release a maintenance release to 3.0 in the next month or two. However as always this is subject to change, as plans may be adjusted due to new issues arising.

Thank you Luc!

Any idea about CTS-MAN SW release please?

Josef

If we are using CTS endpoints should we hold off on upgrading to TS 3.0 until maintenance release 1?  I notice that the CTS 1.9 compatibilty matrix still only lists TP Server 2.3 as compatible...

Nick,

More details about our issue. Maybe it can help with your decision.

We are running CTS 1.9.2 SW. We will upgrade to 1.9.3. till end of week.

After we upgrade TP Server from 2.2(1.54) to 2.3 release because of increasing number of screen licensing for free we have found there is meeting quality issue with 3screens CTS. Because of bursty traffic jitter has icreased to three time higher value instead of CTS and TP Server are located on the same segment and switch (no routing just switching).

Sound and video were not syncronized.

We have opened a TAC Case and TAC has found new BUG mentioned here. It should be fixed in mentioned release of TP Server SW.

If I were you I would test upgrade TP Server to 3.0 release and make a few test calls checking the audio/video behavior.

I think it can be done during one hour and rolback is very easy and quick - return previous SW to TP Server.

Do not hesitate to contact me directly in a case you will need more details.

Josef

Thanks for the info - interestingly, we had the opposite problem.  We had issues when running CTS 1.9 in conjunciton with TS 2.2 - this was fixed either by upgrading TS to 2.3 or alternatively by downgrading CTS to 1.8 (this was confirmed by TAC).

We are now running CTS 1.8 and TS 2.2, but I'm hoping we can get everything on 1.9 and 3.0, although it looks like we might wait until the next maintenance release of TS 3.0.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: