Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Traversal and Non Traversal

Can you please explain me the difference between traversal and non traversal calls...

Are the non traversal calls those who are Sip<-->Sip  H323<-->H323

and the traversal calls H323<-->SIP for example ? Is the traversal license the license with witch i can register

for example :

E20 --> Internet -->ASA5505--->Router3945-->VCS the e20 without any Expressway or other license for the VCS or only H323<-->Sip and Sip<-->H323

2 Replies 2

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The easiest way I find to visualise the difference is whether the call comes in to the device on one side, and goes out on another, then it's a Traveral call, and calls within the VCS's control are Non-Traversal..

Some examples:

Local H.323 -> Local H.323 is Non-Traversal

Local H.323 -> H.323 elsewhere is a Traversal.

Same goes for SIP.

And anything that is a translation from one protocol to another is also a Traversal ie H.323 -> SIP or SIP -> H.323.

Wayne

--

Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Jens Didriksen
Level 9
Level 9

Svetoslav Simeonov wrote:

Is the traversal license the license with witch i can register

for example :

E20 --> Internet -->ASA5505--->Router3945-->VCS the e20 without any Expressway or other license for the VCS or only H323<-->Sip and Sip<-->H323

No, these licenses have nothing to do with end-point registrations, they are "call licenses"; i.e. sip--sip, h323--h323, sip--h323, IPv4--IPv6.

The VCS-C comes with 2500 free registration "licenses" unless you are running a "trial version" which will only allow 3 registrations, in which case it needs to be activated.

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.