Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to act on new audio payload type 17 - no list

Hi all,

When we dial from Polycom endpoint to MCU4205, the MCU outputs an error message as follows.

"participant 274: unable to act on new audio payload type 17 - no list"

Does this mean the MCU is not able to process the audio payload type 17?

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RTP_audio_video_profile)

Best Regards,

Kotaro Hashimoto

5 Replies 5

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Is this just a warning or does the conference fail / no audio at all?

Is this a SIP or h323 call?

Do you have a trace of the session?

What codecs are configured on the MCU and on the Endpoint?

Not sure if there might be some other codec name hide behind the DVI4, but at least I do not see that there is a support for DVI4 in the MCU.

So if the conference itself works fine and you have some other codec present (like g722, g711) I would just ignore it.

Supported codecs on the cisco/codian MCUs are:

Audio codecs from/to MCU: G.711  G.722  G.722.1  G.728  G.729  G.723.1Polycom(R) Siren14(TM)  G.722.1 Annex C  AAC-LD  AAC-LC

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Kotaro,

You might get this message also for 'video codec' !?

and as the link you've provided says, protocol 17 has a clockrate of 22kHz.

We encounter this also any time when a Polycom HDX with a newer SW version dials to a Codian MCU.

For audio this would mean then, the Siren22 is unknown to the MCU, as well as for video when the polycom requests

the H.264 high profile codec.

regards, hans

Hi Hans,

That's good info.  Is there a Bug ID or Release note that corresponds to this information?  Do you know at what version of HDX software this first started happening?

Thanks!

Bob,

I guess it started with some Rel. 3.0x, but just watch the Release Notes, when H.264HP came in.

the only thing i know is, that I have those messages since 3.0.x

and you have it definetifely not with 2.6.x latest

/hans

I get the following running 3.1.5 HDX on 9004.

533 09:42:35.766  CONFERENCE Info participant 12: unable to act on new audio payload type 17 - no list
534 09:42:35.766  CONFERENCE Info participant 12: unable to act on new video payload type 17 - no list

Prior to the message printing, seems there are some unknown RTP Version 0 showing in wireshark from HDX to MCU.  These may in turn be STUN packets from HDX towards MCU. Then this message prints. 

These should in theory be harmless as you still should get audio and video in this call scenario even though they print. 

On the HDX, under IP Network>Firewall Settings.  Scroll down to the bottom and uncheck "Enable SIP Keep-Alive Messages:". 

Dial back in to MCU to see if you get the same INFO message. 

I've still got audio and video in both directions from HDX to MCU when a two party call is connected and don't have any problems. 

I don't get the same message in wireshark while looking at the trace.  Maybe Polycom added this in 3.0 release? Not sure. 

The message shouldn't hamper the call.  If it is, then something else may be going wrong here.

VR

Patrick