Helpful
Replies

unable to dial international call

venky
Level 1
Level 1

Good day every one,

Can any one help me on below query ?

User is unable to do International Outbound calls from his IP Phone. He is getting a busy signal after dialing 900+Country Code immediately. We have tried it on a different phone but he is also getting the same problem. He is able to successfully do calls locally.

Please help how to resolve this issue. What are steps i hve to taken to troubleshooting this.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Vallender
Level 3
Level 3

What is the IP Phone registering to?  Does this registration server have the capability to simulate a test call using the dialing string used to see how the configuration would process the call?  Could be the translation/routing patterns aren't set up properly.

This group is 'Video over IP'.  Maybe you want to move this post to the 'IP Telephony' group to get more relevant viewers, assuming you're troubleshooting a voice call.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Joe Vallender
Level 3
Level 3

What is the IP Phone registering to?  Does this registration server have the capability to simulate a test call using the dialing string used to see how the configuration would process the call?  Could be the translation/routing patterns aren't set up properly.

This group is 'Video over IP'.  Maybe you want to move this post to the 'IP Telephony' group to get more relevant viewers, assuming you're troubleshooting a voice call.

Hi Joe,
Thanks for your response.
The IP Phone is 7965 model.
Yes this phone have capability to simulate a test call using the dialing string.

Please let me know how to trouble to further.

I don't believe the phone itself can simulate a test call, but the Call Manager it is registered to should be able to, to test the routing configuration.  What is the 7965 registering to?  Do you have access to the registration server or is there an adminstrator who has access to check the configuration/routing?