cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

upgrade - downgrade

cpoorbaugh1
Level 1
Level 1

I recently upgraded a SX-80 from 8.3.1 to 9.1 operation software.  The camera and touch controller upgraded nicely, as well.

Question: Is a downgrade back to 8.3.1 easily done to that same unit?  And will the camera and touch controller (dv-10) go along with the downgrade?

Prompt attention please.

Craig Poorbaugh

V-poorbc-rob@ae.com

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

A downgrade uses the same process as if you were preforming an upgrade.  Both the camera and Touch 10 will be downgraded to match the software being installed.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

A downgrade uses the same process as if you were preforming an upgrade.  Both the camera and Touch 10 will be downgraded to match the software being installed.

Excellent-

Thank you , Patrick

I will assume that I need to do the downgrade via the internet connection, in the maintenance section.  The upgrade was done through TMS, which I have not found a place to go down in software.

thanks again

You can do it either through the endpoint's web interface or using TMS.

When using TMS, after you select the endpoints to be upgraded and click Next, you should be taken to a "Select Software and Release Keys" page that will allow you to choose what software version you want to install.  To upload endpoint software into TMS, go to Systems > System Upgrade > Software Manager.

Roger!  thank you