cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade VCS 6.1 to 7.2

Ben Cargill
Level 1
Level 1

I'm planning on upgrading my VCS Control and Expressway from version 6.1 to 7.2.

Do I require an upgrade license for this to work?  Also will the different option keys be still installed after the upgrade?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Alok Jaiswal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Ben,

yes you need a separate software license key for upgrading the 6.1 to 7.2.

you can get the license key by writing to licensing@cisco.com and provide the serial number of the VCS boxes.

Also please note the software you download from cisco site when you do the upgrade. There are two version available encrypted and non-encrypted.

so downlaod the software which you have paid for

Also please follow the vcs upgrade procedure mentioned in the VCS clustering guide as when you take the vcs backup on x6.1 you need to run following commands before you do the backup.

mkdir /tandberg/persistent/oti

mkdir /tandberg/persistent/management

the opiton keys would remain after the upgrade. however please note the same or take screen shot before you go for upgrade.

cheers

Alok

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Alok Jaiswal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Ben,

yes you need a separate software license key for upgrading the 6.1 to 7.2.

you can get the license key by writing to licensing@cisco.com and provide the serial number of the VCS boxes.

Also please note the software you download from cisco site when you do the upgrade. There are two version available encrypted and non-encrypted.

so downlaod the software which you have paid for

Also please follow the vcs upgrade procedure mentioned in the VCS clustering guide as when you take the vcs backup on x6.1 you need to run following commands before you do the backup.

mkdir /tandberg/persistent/oti

mkdir /tandberg/persistent/management

the opiton keys would remain after the upgrade. however please note the same or take screen shot before you go for upgrade.

cheers

Alok

Hello,

We currently have a VCS C and VCS E running 6.1.

We are upgrading to version 7.2, is it required to do any changes to the ASA configuration or something that may affect the current configuration and/ or operation that is just OK?

Ben Cargill
Level 1
Level 1

Thank You!