Level 1

C40 CODEC

How do I obtain a release key?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If you're C40 is on an active support contract, you can request a release key using the Cisco Licensing Portal > Get Other Licneses > TelePresence Software Release Key.  If you don't have an active support contract, you can contact TAC and get the release key for free by referencing security advisory cisco-sa-20160504-tpxml, which can get you a TC7 release key.  Once you've upgraded to TC6.1 and later, release keys are no longer needed to upgrade software, only an active service contract added to your CCO profile to download the software.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Patrick McCarthy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

you can try sending the serial number in with your request to licensing@cisco.com

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If you're C40 is on an active support contract, you can request a release key using the Cisco Licensing Portal > Get Other Licneses > TelePresence Software Release Key.  If you don't have an active support contract, you can contact TAC and get the release key for free by referencing security advisory cisco-sa-20160504-tpxml, which can get you a TC7 release key.  Once you've upgraded to TC6.1 and later, release keys are no longer needed to upgrade software, only an active service contract added to your CCO profile to download the software.

Thanks, Patrick. That worked!

g the same issue with 2 cisco c40 codecs.. Can you let me know how it worked for you ? Sent email but no response. With information di i have to share ?

It worked.. thanks