cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

URI type num@ip_address not routed on ExpWay E

alexniko2022
Level 1
Level 1

Question, on ExpWayE search rules are configured, any call should be forwarded to ExpWayC. And here is strange, if a call from URI like xxx@domainname.name, it goes to C and normally reaches the codec and everything is OK, but if the format is URI num@ip_address, then the call even gets to C. What I need to check.

2 Replies 2

b.winter
VIP
VIP

And what is your problem now?
According to your description, both formats are routed from Exp-E to Exp-C

PJMack
Level 7
Level 7

Not clear on your ask here, so I'll ask a question to you - are you saying the search rules are configured on the E to forward any call to the C? You should not do that, you should only allow calls that match your URI's. For example - if your URI's are all ten digits@abc.com, then you should not allow anything other than that - more or less digits, not abc.com, etc - should not go through to the C. Most hack attempts I've seen over the years are @ip not @domain, so if you have calls getting through with @ip then you have either a transform or a search rule that is converting the @ip to @domain or you have a totally wide open search rule on the E, which you should not. Sorry I can't be of more help, I'm not really clear on what your issue is.