cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Use of EX60 w/CUCM 8.6, but w/out SIP?

E.Grindlinger
Level 1
Level 1

My organization bought several TelePresence EX60, but the voice engineers claim that they will not work on our network as VTC, because we do not allow SIP.  I am rather ignorant in the technologies, but my gut tells me that because my older Cisco/Tandberg 1700MXP works well on our network, then the shiny new EX60s should be capable of being more than boat anchors. - I am hoping someone can tell me something that I can pass to our voice engineers or their supervisors to get them to motivate them to put these (EX60) devices into action.... Or that someone will confirm what I am being told, that the EX60 will not work.

1 Reply 1

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Do you know how the MXP1700 is deployed? Is it a stand alone system, VCS deployment or is it and if how hooked up to your cucm?

I am not aware that there is a SCCP version of the 1700, so its most likely h323 as you said they are not allowing SIP, ...

Even with your older software version the EX60 would be supported with sip:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/8_6_1/ccmsys/accm-861-cm/a08video.html

But the EX60 also supports H323, so I would say it should work as a replacement for the 1700.

There are definitely improvements in the h323 protocol on the device, so I would not garantee

it, but its definitely giving a try.

If you are looking into proper video conferencing and especially b2b calls you might want to check

how to upgrade your setup to CUCM10.5 and also look into using sip.

Having a separate CUCM for video might also be something to investigate if your voice guys are to skeptical

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify