cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Used Cisco C60 codec

chrisbethel
Level 1
Level 1

I recently purchased a C60 from a third-party and it was factory reset and there isn't any software on it. I created an account on Cisco to download the firmware, however, it says I need to have a service contract in place in order to download the file. Is there any other method to download these types of files in order to get their equipment operational?

2 Replies 2

PJMack
Level 7
Level 7

There is no software on it? Are you sure about that, you can't upgrade the software if it won't boot up, the three ways to install new software is through the web GUI, TMS, or CUCM, any of which would require the codec to be on the network to do so.

A factory reset does not remove the software, just all of the previous configuration settings, passwords, etc. 

Does this unit not boot up at all? If not you should try to get your money back. 

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

To download any product software from Cisco website you need Cisco Support Contract. Even if you are able to get the software from other sources and install on C60 Codec, you need device Release/Option Key. 

Also note that Cisco C60 is end of life and end of support and you will not be able to purchase support from Cisco. I would recommend to contact your third party and return the equipment and purchase new Webex Series or SX Series endpoint from authorized Cisco Partner. 

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.